Subject:
General NMRA Comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 02:36:47 GMT

WOW, the NMRA show has made for a big thread.
Speaking of thread...

Shirts/Hats/etc.

I vote for shirts. I agree with Tom M.--shirts are more readily
identifiable at a distance, and all the same color is appropriate too. If
you mix and match, no one will get it. Pins are cool as collectibles, but
not easy to see/read/identify.

So I'll take a couple shirts and pins too! Not into hats.

I could rig my sign up to rest on a board so it doesn't fall apart. It
would be easy to see from across town as long as there was a line of sight
to it.

Mike Walsh says:

I agree with Chris' statements - when I saw the Diner my immediate reaction
was "Wow, why didn't I think of that?".  Maybe I'll build a Waffle House
instead - much more prominent in this part of the country (North Carolina),
than real Diners are.

Tom has that ability to make me say *I wish I had thought of that* all the
time. Good creativity with all that whimsy! Great stuff. Spam, spam, spam,
spam.

Now if I could just find some time to build.

Fred
Fred Yokel
2635 North First Street, Suite 204
San Jose, CA  95134