 Robotics / Handy Board / 7157
Re: Sharp GP2D12 (analog version) troubles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:23:18 GMT

I have only hooked up one, so I am unsure if there are other traces besides the
one for analog5 that are so conveniently arranged.  You can study the circuit
board photos on the Handy Board site (I think they are in the assembly
instructions) and figure it out, which is a little tedious.  That is the
probably the best way.  However, for maximum flexibility, you can remove RP3,
the 47k resistor pack, and use individual pull-up resistors on the inputs that
need it, and float the ones you need for something else.  Be sure to study the
schematics first to make sure Fred didn't sneak one of the ports off for dual
duty somewhere else.  Seems to me he does haul a few off to the expansion
board.

Good Luck!

Gary Livick

Terry ( and Alex had the same question) Gathright wrote:

Is it possible to connect and operate more than one GP2D12 to the handyboard
at the same time?
I wanted to work with four or more at the same time.
Thanks, Terry