  Search Results: clear horse
 Results 841 – 860 of about 12000.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

There's a lot of activity around Lego trains. Clubs, fans, shows, web sites, and lots more. If you look around, you should find some suggestions. Try this page for starters: (URL) a page with some information on point motors: (URL) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

horse
(score: 1.490)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

(...) Well, I'm sure glad I didn't point Steve at this other excellent Lego trains site then: (URL) would have been even more embarassing. Tilman (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

horse
(score: 1.490)

  Re: Mecha 02 Closeups

(...) If you're referring to Karza's opposite, his name was, I believe, Force Commander, and his horse was Oberon. Dave! (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.build.mecha)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Michael I can't seem to get to your URL. Can you check it and reply. I really can't wait to see what you have done. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Carlo, Thanks for the reply! Why use the hinges and 1x2 with rail plate? Is this to strengthen the housing? In my attempts I added a 1x2 plate under the 2 hole 1x6 plate and no 1x4 tile underneth. I can't seem to get to the automated yard picture (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

I didn't take pictures, but I did it w/ some gearing and clever placement of a touch-sensor. The key part was that the touch sensor (though light or rotation would work) would sense when the switch was vertical; I then used the motor like a big (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

"sebarile-MOBL" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:G4v1EK.6yF@lugnet.com... (...) problem (...) over (...) *forgiving* (...) <snip> (...) If you don't mind a touch-sensor, you could try this one: (URL) automated point sports 1000+ (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Try putting belt drive stage in your geartrain so it can't destroy things and use touch switches to limit the travel... (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

(...) (note some heavyhanded snippage) Well, it wouldn't be entirely elegant unless you mounted the mechanics under your substrate, but if you were to gear down the movement so that the white clutch gear had to exert less torque to overcome the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

"STEVEBAR" <stevebarile@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G4vp62.Hy8@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) hole (...) diect (...) I used the hinges to keep within the "ItLUG train modules constraints". We specified the rails to be one plate height over the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Thanks Larry! And no need for embarassment I appreciate the help. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Great tip, I never thought about using multible pulley/rubber bands! A big problem is the detent, the two at rest positions are very "sticky". Naybe more then multible rubber bands can even move. I'll give it a try. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Anyone know this address? Still hammering on solving this one! SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Carlo, I built this version (see link below) and still the motor tears itself of the plates, once the gear teeth ride up on the top of the rack teeth. If I reduce the power level thru the RCX then there isn't enough torque to overcome the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

(...) Tilman, good info for the other folks reading along, but trust me, Steve Barile, as a founding member of PNLTC (either the oldest or second oldest, depending how you measure, Lego Train club ((URL) and grandfather to many of the rest of us (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

"sebarile-MOBL" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:G4wItw.BAy@lugnet.com... (...) Is (...) Yes, Rick Clark's one. Cheers Carlo (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Life on Mars sets in Detroit Area!

Hi All, I went on a metro-area-wide hunt today to find some 2001 sets, and while there's nothing impressive yet, it's looking good. The only sets I could find at any of the TRU's (and these were the only ones available at all of them, strangely) (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

You could try my switch - (URL) out for Lego and Models ... I build this thing using a rubber-band so you can let it run without the switch destroying itself. Just let the motor run a view seconds until the point switches it's position. Michael (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

"STEVEBAR" <stevebarile@yahoo.com> wrote... (...) to (...) hole (...) diect (...) This is a link to the page (sorry, not yet translated to English). Click on the pictures to enlarge them: (URL) links to the pictures: (URL) >Mario Ferrari built a (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

horse
(score: 1.489)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

(...) I'm not exactly sure about your setup (I'm not into trains), but how about a small pulley (half bushing) on the motor, driving a medium pulley (with the six holes) on an axle on whose other end is an 8t gear that drives a rack. That setup (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

horse
(score: 1.489)

More:  Next Page >>