  Search Results: cleaning old bricks
 Results 161 – 180 of about 52000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: My new approach to modular brickscaping...

Thomas, thanks for your feedback - I think the height issue will sort itself out with the additional modules I'm starting on right now. Adjacent modules will either run to greater heights (as for the tunnel mountain) or as low as 2-3 bricks high, (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

old, bricks
(score: 4.024)

  The Bar Does Not Go Down

I just know I'm going to get flamed for this. I'm putting on my flame suit early. What follows are my opinions. Take them as you wish. I don't plan on doing much with this thread, so don't expect too many replies from me. It seems to me, for some (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego) !!

old, bricks
(score: 4.024)

  Re: Addition to Marsbase.

Ben, I've given you kudos for this model before, but I wanted to do it again in public :) Awesome model. You have a knack for sculpting with plain old bricks and creating forms of real beauty and elegance. My models tend to be very heavy on the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad)

old, bricks
(score: 4.023)

  Re: What's going on in the LEGO world?

(...) Remember that you (hopefully) still have all your old bricks. LEGO seems to be dropping the "Basic" sets from the shops in Denmark (I found _one_ single box in two shops last weekend), but I hope that it then at least will be possible to order (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.people)

old, bricks
(score: 4.023)

  New sculpture: Maneki Neko (Japanese good luck cat)

The Maneki Neko, literally "Beckoning Cat," is a good luck charm used widely in Japanese business establishments and homes. It is believed to invite in fortune and good luck to its owner. In Japan, the hand sign to ask someone to come towards you is (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc) !

old, bricks
(score: 4.023)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

Thank you Jake. I am glad that the color issue is being addressed. In my opinion, the changing of colors is only one symptom of a larger problem at LEGO. LEGO cannot be everything to everyone. LEGO should be LEGO. It is much more important to be (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 4.023)

  Re: Interesting point of view, Rene!

(...) I seem to recall General Motors making a promise that they were going to release the new Camaro by "x" date....well, turns out that they didn't make it. The result? An advertising campaign featuring the "human caring factor" of a manager who (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego)

old, bricks
(score: 4.022)

  LEGO Shop Bluewater (LSB) - opening report

I got to the shop just before its 1:00pm opening yesterday. An 8' tall Bat Lord was wandering around in the mall, while a number of shop assistants were enticing the young (and not so young) with LEGO bricks imprinted with "August 1999" - not (...) (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

old, bricks
(score: 4.022)

  Re: Hotel Coral Essex

(...) Hey Bryan, Yeah, the door thing bugs me too. There are a more modern version of doors that do have a left and a right. I think it is a all clear panel with just a border of color around the edge and a small square for a handle. I only have em (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.build, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 4.022)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Michel Magnan writes: <snip> (...) I've got a staple gun - just pliers for removal though. ;-) (...) We've got more time available, (they let us in at 15:00) having the tables ready and waiting should help a lot, and I'm (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

old, bricks
(score: 4.022)

  Color Change background

First off, I apologize for bringing this issue up again, but a promise is a promise. I said I would deliver more background info on the color change, and here it is. In an effort to reduce the almost certain flood of responses to this post, please (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.color, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

old, bricks
(score: 4.022)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

Lego has represented the new grays as an "improvement". I don't agree - they are merely different. For some applications of gray, they will work better, for others, they will be worse. Natural stone is a warm tone, and the yellowish gray old bricks (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 4.021)

  Re: So why all the whining about the color changes?

I haven't said much on the issue, but every time I see a new dark "grey" brick my stomach turns because it a) doesn't match my old bricks and b) looks like a blah color to me. It just doesn't look right. Every non-afol person I've told of the change (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 4.021)

  Re: Technic beam colours

"Steven Lane" <Steveroblane@aol.com> (...) else. (...) Give it some time and you'll see it, in fact on a paranoid day I'm sure I can see it on the white on my skip truck already. The real trick is to put a mint white brick next to your older ones (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.technic)

old, bricks
(score: 4.021)

  Re: How do you clean a bunch of lego?

(...) I came up with a way that gets a higher concentration of detergent and doesn't need so much bashing together. Put them in a large zip-lock bag with loads of washing-up liguid, add enough warm water to cover them, then squeeze out the air and (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 4.021)

  Bubbles in lightsabers, other stuff

Have any of you noticed that there seems to be bubbles in the lightsabers? At first I thought this might be one of those deals where you could shake the element and it would glow ;-) Now, that would be cool!! However, I'm assuming this is just the (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.starwars)

old, bricks
(score: 4.021)

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

"Terry Prosper" <t@rotule.qc.ca> wrote in message news:Hus8Bq.1v6E@lugnet.com... (...) solution (...) this (...) that LEGO (...) shut us (...) bulk (...) then, (...) decided (...) and (...) find (...) my (...) Um, okay - let me see if I've got this (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

old, bricks
(score: 4.021)

  Re: No more Blue Tub... And is this the kick in the pants that Eric dreaded!?

(...) Unfortunately it is looking more and more like my prophesy is going to come true. It really is to bad because I fear that those that don't know about S@H will see no source for getting plain old bricks and might stop buying as much LEGO. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

old, bricks
(score: 4.021)

  Re: TLC To Mix Old and New Grays

Heck, if they have lots of old greys to get rid of, make Spring Cleaning packs of old grey/brown, and sell them at the Spring Cleaning set pricing points (i.e. large tub pricing), and I'll buy a bunch. Put them in the OLD style tubs, instead of the (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.color)

cleaning, old
(score: 3.547)

  "spring cleaning" auction

Thinking of maybe holding another "spring cleaning" auction of old sets. Haven't done one of these in years. Need to clear out more space in the LEGO room. Lots of stuff, mostly 5-12 years old. Just a heads-up. Haven't decided whether to include (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

cleaning, old
(score: 3.547)

More:  Next Page >>