 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 378
Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 01:33:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Michel Magnan writes:
<snip>
...For the skirt, we could reuse some of the blue plastic Walmart
tablecloth for this show, I won't have enough for a larger layout
(I have 40 linear feet), but you might be able to find more, at $1.99
for 10 feet it is a great deal, if you also need the stapler, and staple
remover, remind me to drop them off as well.

I've got a staple gun - just pliers for removal though.  ;-)

Steve, don't overextend yourself.  A larger layout isn't necessarily
a better layout.  Even eliminating the assembly of the tables leaves
a lot of work setting up the track and structures.

We've got more time available, (they let us in at 15:00) having the
tables ready and waiting should help a lot, and I'm going to try to
have as much pre-assembled as I can.  I found the biggest time
crunch last time was trying to squeeze too much into too little space.

One thing that will need to be prepared before the show is more barriers.

I like your blue-bucket concrete idea - I'm just looking forward to
carrying them.  :-)  I'd vote for excess GETS funds to go towards that
rather than T-shirts.  If you were able to make them up as you described,
that would actually help more than your tables I think, but there's no
way I could take them in my Honda.  I maxed out a full-size rental van
with less than two dozen concrete sidewalk blocks - I would think that
a bucket half full would be plenty, wouldn't it?  If you wanted to get
fancy, you could fill the top half with some foam and stick old bricks
on it, or some similar method that would make it look like the buckets
were full of bricks - that would look great.  At least eight would be
needed I think, and a much longer rope - better too long than too short.

...My fathers health isn't the best, I don't think he would be able
to unload a loat of stuff, even if it is light, he has bad emphysema.

Don't put any strain on your father - if you'll load at your end,
I'll unload at my end, and I'm sure James would say the same thing.

You should find out who the other Lego displayer is, and maybe
coordinate together, rather than compete, another body to help would
be great, and a childs perspective on the whole thing might be useful.

From what I understand, he _wants_ to do it on his own, but I'll bet
he'll be our number one fan once we start getting setup...   :-)

(I pruned lugnet.trains.org - please reattach if you think it should be.)

SRC
StRuCtures