  Search Results: brad justus <10>10
 Results 3601 – 3620 of 3926.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: the latest news

(...) By the people casting opinions, of course...in their best guess of how useful something might be to Brad. (...) It doesn't matter one iota whether or not the people choosing to cast opinions represent the view of all the readers in this case (...) (25 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: snip,snip,snip... (...) That's probably a good idea (it doesn't worry me) for the sensitive, but people will always be tempted to look at their 'mark' and get upset. (...) I think the rating system has a (...) (25 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: the latest news

(...) [snip] (...) [snip] (...) Brad this is very good news. However, I must state my pessimism of LEGO Directs success if the choice for initial elements is bricks. Bricks are very easily obtained in basic buckets. The current market is saturated (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: Regarding bulk orders: a proposal

(...) I think it's a great idea! But my only comment is that you might want to run it by Brad first and see if he would even find it useful. Maybe he would, or maybe LEGO Direct is already planning to implement something like that themselves. The (...) (25 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: Spanning large areas

Brad: Great List! Well, I tell you... this is an issue that I have thought about a whole lot. Most of my buildings are at least 5 floors (one is 20!), and most span at least 16, 32, or 48 studs. Thats a lot of floorspace! I have tried a lot of the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.build.arch)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: the latest news

(...) but (...) Let's not forget that Brad mentioned that this service was being offered through S@H until "the new e-commerce portion of LEGO.com" was available later in the year. One would imagine that the operation would be global at that point. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: the latest news

(...) Disagree. How could LEGO guess from that noise (without already knowing) that what people want are boat hulls and masts more than anything, and not dinky little parts packs with a variety of hats and coins? (Both are always in demand, to be (...) (25 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Master Wish List for Lego Direct?

Has there been any discussion here about creating a preliminary "wish list" data base for Lego Direct? I envision a spreadsheet or similar document that lets Brad and the Lego Direct team know what we are really after. It would seem that this would (...) (25 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.lego)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: Regarding bulk orders: a proposal

(...) Here are a couple of earlier threads on that subject, with related ideas about (sub)groups which might help LEGO Direct in their plans: (2 URLs) Direct has not yet made any effort to meet with us in person and talk about business plans, so (...) (25 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: Ask LEGO! Updated

I agree that replies are vague, but anyone that expects otherwise obviously hasn't dealt with many toy companies. They are simply NOT going to reveal what they are doing. However, I agree that the fact that LEGO *does* take the time to attempt to (...) (25 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: Ask LEGO! Updated

(...) I agree that the answers were somewhat vague, but I have come to expect that about Lego (and any company in general)... However, I view the fact that there has been an effort made to answer our questions more valuable than the answers (...) (25 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: Where are the sales this year????

I'm in Orange County, California (near Irvine if you know where that is) Unfortunately, the WM by me hasn't had a "clearance" section recently. Perhaps its hiding and I need to look harder. Those prices he got sound like the wonderful steals I got (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Where are the sales this year????

Last year, I made weekly trips to Wallmart, and Toys R Us. Each trip, I would almost always find one or more sets at hugediscounts (like 50% off). This year, I'm having an awfully tough time finding ANY kind of discounts. I've seen a few old castle (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: Town Creations

Wow! The ray tracing really improves the looks! When I first started reading through the Lugnet stuff, I wasn't too interested in the LDRAW and ray-tracing stuff. I guess I really like the feel of true "plastic" in my hands. Anyhow, my insterest in (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: Lugnet Links?

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:FpwLG6.3Lp@lugnet.com... (...) here (...) thanks I just took some shots of Lego City 2. I'll probably post some prevew shots in a week or so. Its not really "mature" yet so I'll hold off on a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  List of successful transactions (was:Re: A lot more detail on my trade page...)

(...) <snip> Hey Brad, I noticed you have a part at the bottom where you listed successful trades (hey, I'm in there! ;-) ... I've never seen this before, where did you get the idea from? (did you come up with it yourself, or see it somewhere (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: the latest news

(...) I don't think it's ranting, although it is bitter. It results from years of being treated like a second-rate market. Some may argue that we ARE a second rate market, but TLC certainly isn't giving us a chance to prove otherwise. Of course (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: the latest news

<rearranged and snipped liberally> (...) Wow. It is welcome. You mention our patience in waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel. By taking the time to update us like this, you shorten the tunnel a bit and I'm sure that we all appreciate it (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Lugnet Links?

Does anyone know how often the Lugnet links are updated? I sent mail about 2 weeks ago asking to include my web site (URL) ) and have not heard a reply. Also, there are many links that are non-functional. (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 0.194)

  Re: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company

(...) 'Course, if Brad or another Lego rep continues the pattern they've set so far, meaning drop in once a quarter, mention how wonderfully interested they are in what we have to say (while responding to almost nothing that has been said), make (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

brad
(score: 0.194)

More:  Next Page >>