 Star Wars / 6845
Re: Ask LEGO! Updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:22:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.starwars, Nathan McDowell writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Tim Saupé writes:
The latest batch of questions has been answered, and can now be found onsite.

Tim
link to "From Bricks to Bothans" can be found on the main lugnet.starwars
page.

They've been answered, but with the usual "I'll look into it" and "I'm not at

liberty to comment on that" answers...

~Nathan

I agree that the answers were somewhat vague, but I have come to expect that
about Lego (and any company in general)...

However, I view the fact that there has been an effort made to answer our
questions more valuable than the answers themselves.  I consider this
newsletter interview to be a positive sign from Lego.  Continued outreach
from individuals like Brad combined w/ a supportive approach from Lego
towards its customer base can only benefit me in the long run...In the short
run, I would love to know when stormtroopers will be available, but I'm sure
theey wil be out eventually.  I still like pleasant surprises, afterall.

I view the comments on minifig packs, future characters, and the "action
figure" debate enlightening i a cursory sense.  Essentially, the nasty rumor
of Lego not being able to do minifig packs because of Hasbro licensing
conflicts has been put to rest.  I think Lego may be limiting their
offerings to maintain interest in the long run (kind of an old salesmen's
trick-You always have something new in the bag, so you always have something
to talk about)  As peviously eluded to in numerous discussions, Lego can
maximize profit by limiting signature characters to flagship sets (like they
have done in the past and are continuing to do now maiden figs, princess
storm, Chewbacca et al.).

It sounds like TLGs R&D enginees are trying to come up w/ nifty new parts
and exciting/playable sets; I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

that's my 2 coppery coins worth...

                         John