 Administrative / General / 6132
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:58:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
Thus, a suggestion deemed useless

Deemed useless by who?

By the people casting opinions, of course...in their best guess of how useful
something might be to Brad.

What percentage of the readers have voted on any
individual post in Brad's latest thread? <2%? <1%? <0.5%? Additionally do
those who have voted represent the view of all the other readers?  Do they
even represent those who will buy from LD?

It doesn't matter one iota whether or not the people choosing to cast opinions
represent the view of all the readers in this case -- all that matters is
whether the people choosing to cast opinions end up collectively doing an
effective job helping Brad weed out the noise from the truly useful posts.

I hate to repeat myself, but as I've said already, I'm very pleased with how
people have been rating messages in the .lego.direct group so far.  Brad and
others are LEGO are of course ultimately really the only one who can evaluate
how useful the messages are to LEGO Direct, and if Brad wants, he can surely
let us know how well we're all doing, and if we're not doing well, we can
course-correct.

--Todd