  Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1101 – 1120 of about 136000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) I can't find the exact cite right now, but an extension of Maslow's 'Hierarchy of needs' implies that environmental awareness(1) and the desire to protect it typically does not arrise in a society until that society reaches some level of (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Oh, now thats a solution. By that generalization, I belive almost NO ONE in the world has any right to live where they live. I doubt ANY population in the world can be documented to be living on land they didn't take from someone else (and in (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  So now a change of opinion...

Because I really have been thinking lots about this lately... As an aside (and before I begin) we actually did not drive through the states ON PURPOSE to get to the NovaLUG show in New Brunswick JUST because of your gun issues down there. So here it (...) (12 years ago, 5-Feb-13, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Scout programming in RcxCC

After follow Dave's suggestion, I am successful to use RcxCC for Scout programming, here is the method. Edit two batch files named rcx.bat and scout.bat in rcxcc directory, the content of files are as follows: set NQC_OPTIONS=-TRCX rcxcc set (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: Walmart Clearance?

I quizzed a WalMart manager concerning the procedures for discounting products. WalMart management, specifically the toy dept. manager, has complete discretion as to when and amounts of the discounts that will be applied to the toys. Usually the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  whiteness (was Re: WTB Train Parts

Fascinating. To reiterate, I have always understood "mighty white" and "mighty christian" to be equivalent insults (to non whites and non christians, respectively). There isn't a dictionary per se to go look these up in. we build our understanding (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: Drugs and guns

(...) I don't think it was humor. I think he was being snotty. (...) Only if you consider a national bloodbath and endless guerilla war "bad." :-) (...) Ayup! And you know why we won't end the war on drugs? Because the police support it. You know (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: Corporate vs Individual liability

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes: (case study #1) (...) Corporation, yes. CEO? This is obviously where we are disagreeing. How can liability be assigned essentially at random to an individual? Why the CEO and not some other company (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Latest Update for The Toy Aid to the Turkish Eartquake Children

Hi friends, Larry kindly offered me to host the pictures that I've taken and I think they will be up and running when Larry finds time to do that. Here is a copy of the message that I've sent to Larry. It describes the latest and final situation (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: My Official Viewpoint

(...) 2 posts back... so the >> are not quite right Chris said: (...) Helps? To my way of thinking this particular subthread is not about JarJar per se, or even about real characters vs. fantasy. It's about when is portrayal of the initiation of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Bicentennial Man and Immortality (was Re: Who James Isn't (was:Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

(...) You say that as a mortal. :-) I don't want to .debate this, but I do want to highlight (and I guess I may be spoiling some of the plot here) that this character already WAS immortal, practically. He was faced with the choice of trading it away (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: -America under Attack-(Newest Update)

(...) Also World Trade Center building 7 Collapsed and WTC Building 5 is unstable. 300 F.D.N.Y. Firefighters are missing. Stueyvesant Highschool has been turned into a temporary Treage(sp?) and Pace University has become a temporary morgue (...) (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: Lego in a government fraud article

(...) And only because they didn't do anything work-related with them. If they would really have used them in teaching their engineers that would have been perfectly ok. The full report is at (URL) : "We identified four Lego Mindstorm computer robot (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.general)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Gun Debate: No Proof for Either Side!

Do gun laws prevent violence? Health officials don't know (URL) ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) --A sweeping federal review of the nation's gun control laws -- including mandatory waiting periods and bans on certain weapons -- found no proof such measures (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: Idle Ramblings

(...) Keep on truckin', man! You gotta make the best out of school. They like to do it backwards here: instead of teaching you useful stuff and letting you practice it on your own, they have you perform a bunch of essentially meaningless tasks and (...) (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.people)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Yay! (...) Obviously the LEGO-supplied LXF parts will have some restrictions. Do you also mean that homebrew LXF parts would also have restrictions? AFAIK, if I create my own part in LDraw .DAT format, I can sell it. I just can't sell parts I (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: minifig series 3 goes up from $1.99 to $2.99

(...) *pulls out well-worn soap box* Okay, here's how it works. TLC has internal costs, and they have to make sure that they cover those costs and make a profit beyond that when they sell their products, so they have a wholesale pricepoint in mind (...) (14 years ago, 26-Dec-10, to lugnet.general)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) If the kids don't have whatever it takes, they don't have it. No amount of government posturing is going to fix it. If people really feel these kids deserve a break (and perhaps if this REALY is the case, they do), then charity will step in. I (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) Wow. I'm apalled at that parent's lack of respect for your efforts. I would have set them straight that you are not working for LEGO and that the display represents the hard work of a group of private individuals. They don't let you touch the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

  Re: Bug in L3PAO when path deleted/renamed

"Jeff Boen" <onyx@flash.net> wrote in message news:G2w154.78H@lugnet.com... (...) Dan! I know - I have days (sometimes whole weeks!) like this when I'm debugging my own software (still 99% limited to web server backend database apps, but I've (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

all, property
(score: 3.026)

More:  Next Page >>