  Search Results: Spybotics memory
 Results 961 – 980 of about 4600.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  RE: expansion board - servo control

-----Original Message----- From: shsc9801@condor.stcl...dstate.edu [mailto:shsc9801@con...state.edu] Sent: Monday, December 21, 1998 1:39 PM To: handyboard@media.mit.edu Subject: expansion board - servo control Hi, I stopped working with the (...) (26 years ago, 21-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  Re: LDLite and memory (or lack thereof)

(...) I've been having a lot of problems with this also... I'm running with 48 MB of RAM and I still can't open multiple windows, or even run LDLite while something like Netscape is running in the background. I have to close all other apps to use (...) (26 years ago, 28-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  H8 bit operations (was Re: GNU C wizards?)

(...) After looking into it further, if the compiler has the address in a register (or will use it more than once so it will load it in a register), it does use the bset/bclr instructions. However, there is this in h8300.md: ;; Bitfield operations (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  Re: IR Tower

(...) Look at the Hitachi H8/3292 documentation -- it has all of that for you. Briefly, ROM is 0x0000-3FFF, external address space is 0x8000-0xFB7F, internal RAM is 0xFD80-0xFF7F, external address space is 0xFF80-0xFF87, and the peripheral register (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  RE: legOS and alternate operating systems [now off topic]

Actually, this does concern Legos programming. There is only so much memory in the RCX, so you have to program very efficiently. You have to be able to squeeze a program in there. What I meant in my previous post is, when you linked in a (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  Re: Scrolling through the LCD messages by the knob

Simon, This shouldn't be too difficult to create...but it could be a real waste of memory unless it is real important issue. The reason why is that you would have to save the messages in memory. You'd have to decide if you wanted to fill all the (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  Re: legOS problems

(...) How are your batteries? I've found out that with my CyberMaster and with almost spent batteries, when a motor worked with a bit more load than was supposed, the unit shutdown entirely and it loose all memory in the process. Because it's a RCX (...) (26 years ago, 26-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  Re: legOS - Does it work for you?

(...) Not necessarily - it may be that the replacement happens to put things were some memory corruption doesn't hit them... Cheers, Ben. (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  RE: Memory

I posted this link to a book on sensors and effectors for robots. This book, which you can download for free, contains nearly 300 pages with *great* illustrations. It's a pretty weighty tome, though (comes in at over 13.5MB, but is in PDF (Adobe (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  Re: Voltage or resistance

I'm joining this thread a little late, so sorry if any of this has already been stated... For "passive" sensors, the RCX measures a voltage level, but since there's a pullup you may not get what you expect. If memory serves, the RCX ADC uses a 5.0V (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  nonvolatile memory

Does Anyone know how to modify the handy board so that when the battery is disconnected the memory on the board is not lost? In short I want the HB to have nonvolatile memory so that I do not have to reload the pcode in bootstrap mode every time the (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  RE: Memory

I concur with Jonathan's recommendation on the Flynn/Jones book. It is very well done, it is thorough, and it is a pretty good introduction to robotics. I built the Rug Warrior Pro mentioned in the book without prior practical knowledge of robotics (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  RE: Memory peripheral device

(...) Sure it can, provided: -you can get the voltage output to be in a respectable range for the HDD (solved by changing battery power to output chips) -you can write a driver using the necessary digital inputs/outputs as necessary (hard but (...) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  Re: LDLite and memory (or lack thereof)

Well, I tried this on my home computer and it worked just fine. I wonder why it won't work at the office. Maybe the LAN software hogs some DOS memory, I don't know. -John Van John VanZwieten wrote in message ... (...) (26 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  Need Handy Board memory debugging software

Gentlemen: I'm having a bit of trouble with my handy board's display. The board itself works, and I've swapped out old display for a new one. I suspect the memory or transparent octal addressing latch to be at fault. I understand you've memory (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  Re: Memory

Hi Ryan, My standard recommendation is _Mobile Robotics, Inspiration to Implementation_, by Anita Flynn and Joe Lee Jones: (URL) see my previous post on this subject, which contains a mini-review: (URL) let it "leak" here that I am working on a book (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  Re: legOS - Does it work for you?

(...) You may still have a stack overflow issue, since if your malloc replacement doesn't maintain pointer chains you may not notice if memory gets trashed. John A. Tamplin Traveller Information Services jat@Traveller.COM 2104 West Ferry Way (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  Re: Memory

(...) Or a Marketing Director? (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  Re: LDLite and memory (or lack thereof)

(...) It must be something with your setup John. I just tried it with an LEdit window and two LDLite windows open at the same time, no problem. And it is not horsepower, as I am on a P133 with 48megs. -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

memory
(score: 0.985)

  Re: LDLite and memory (or lack thereof)

(...) As I said to John in the other reply, I have no problems. In addition to the ledit and 2 ldlite windows, I also had Netscape 3, FreeAgent, and Winamp all running at once. There _must_ be a setting somewhere that is giving you guys problems. -- (...) (26 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

memory
(score: 0.985)

More:  Next Page >>