 Robotics / Handy Board / 5141
Re: Scrolling through the LCD messages by the knob
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 21:43:47 GMT

Simon,

This shouldn't be too difficult to create...but it could be a real waste of
memory unless it is real important issue.

The reason why is that you would have to save the messages in memory.  You'd
have to decide if you wanted to fill all the memory, or limit it to just xx
number of lines/messages.

I'm not the best programmer but I'd probably create a function that I would
call each time I was to do a printf().  This function would be passed the
value of the string to printf() and would store it in memory (an array, a
stack, or a linked list...I'm not sure which would be best).  Then, based upon
the number of lines/messages, you would relate that number to the 0-255 range
of the display.

What would you want to do while scrolling the messages and halfway, when the
HB sends another Printf?  I'd suggest using the start, or stop switch to put
it into scroll mode. then pressing it again takes it out of scroll mode and
restores the display to the last active message.

What do you think?

Gerald