  Search Results: Mindstorms redownload firmware
 Results 961 – 980 of about 14000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Problems with RCX Robolab and PowerMacs 6400/200 and 5500/225

Hello, I'm teaching an RCX-based programming class using the Robolab software to a group of 19 4th,5th and 6th graders. I've been trying to get the Robolab software installed and running on the Powermac 5500/225s and 6400/200s owned by the school. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

firmware
(score: 1.503)

  Re: Scout vs RIS and reverse engineering and Byte Codes

Does the Scout have firmware? I'm not aware of any being downloaded to the brick. Mike Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:000201bf3858$7f...@pro150... (...) me (...) This (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.503)

  Re: Problems with RCX Robolab and PowerMacs 6400/200 and 5500/225

You could try using NQC (or MacNQC) and see if it works any better. I know in the long run you want to get Robolab working, but testing MacNQC would at least separate a Robolab-only problem from more general problems (serial port problems, cables, (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

firmware
(score: 1.503)

  first impressions about pbForth

Hi! After fiddling around with pbForth this weekend, I have to confess I have mixed feelings about it. Maybe not everybody will be thrilled to share them, but maybe I am doing something wrong and I would appreciate the input... The language itself (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

firmware
(score: 1.502)

  Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx

(...) I can't speak about LegOS, but I thought this about FORTH too, and it aint so. Once you get over the syntax it’s a straightforward procedural language. Jonathan Knudsen’s book has a good chapter on it that I found very helpful in getting (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.502)

  Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx

(...) Yes, I agree with you, mostly. I have been programming in Forth before, and it slowly comes back. What I meant to say is that the stack oriented architecture is different than C, for example, and (for me, at least) a mental switch is needed in (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.502)

  Re: problem downloading srec file to RCX

Dave ... although at this point I'm not using non-standard firmware, I'd like to cast my vote for option (2). The command line may be a bit "unwieldy", but (2) gives the best solution. Thanks, - Nick - Dave Baum wrote: [snip] (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.502)

  NQC 2.1 in beta test (Scout support, fast firmware)

NQC 2.1 b1 is available at (URL) two "big" features are fast firmware downloading (4x speed) and preliminary support for the Scout. Emphasis on "preliminary". It is enough to do some basic NQC stuff on the Scout, but most of the nifty Scout features (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

firmware
(score: 1.502)

  "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

i just purchased the mindstorm RIS set... now i am trying to get the firmware on it. i dont have windows (thank god), so i am trying to get the firmware onto the rcx with ncq. upon trying to do anything with rcx (rcx -near, rcx -firmware..) i am (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

firmware
(score: 1.502)

  Re: Scout vs RIS and reverse engineering and Byte Codes

The pollm command lets you look at memory from 0x40 to 0x440 (1 K). The unused memory does not look like code. It looks like the system attributes are available there--probably battery level and such. Also variables must be there. We have 10 globals (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.502)

  Even more networking stuff

OK, So I finally got LNP to do something :) I have a very simple program on one rcx which sends out something to another rcx which the second rcx gets in. Its a good first step :) However being the difficult people we are we would like to be able to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.502)

  Re: Tasks in RCX

(...) From some searching it appears that OCCAM-2 is a programming language for parallel systems, so having a lot of threads probably is desirable. It also seems to me that implementing an existing language on the RCX would generally involve new (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.501)

  RE: Two or more RCX:s?

Just make sure you turn off all but one RCX when downloading programs or firmware. RCXs tend to pick up the IR signal when you least expect it. I once tried to download firmware into a new RCX, and forgot that there was another RCX in the room, (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.501)

  Re: IR scanner

Why don't you just get a Pentium III at 900MHz to run a sensor?! If it is not fast enough, then you could still have one brick that could beat the snot out of most of the computers that are running them!!! (+ extra RAM, not firmware - real programs (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.501)

  Problem downloading firmware (RIS 1.5)

Help! I just bought RIS 1.5, but.... I've installed the software, and when I go to the Set Up Options window, a red dialog pops up, reading "The RCX has no firmware. You must download it first." I click 'continue', then a short pause occurs, and the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.501)

  Re: nqc -firmware

(...) I've had some problems with this with an older version of nqc. If you give it a timeout of 70 or more (I believe), this should fix your problem. I believe the flag is -timeout or -t. Tim Tim Gion tcg3j@cs.virginia.edu (fastest) or (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.501)

  Re: "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

(...) Try this: nqc -v -raw 10 and then also this (substituting the right filename) nqc -v -firmware <filename> and post the results. The "-v" option turns on some logging that may help us figure out what is wrong. (...) The firmware file is (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

firmware
(score: 1.501)

  Max VB program size

Hi I am planning a piece of Visual Basic code and would like to know what the maximum program size that can be sent to the RCX. I know there is 32K of memory, but roughly what does this equate to in lines of VB code. I will probably also be using (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.501)

  legOS 0.2.2 (Re: HELP! Ultra-Newbie Question.)

(...) Arjen> If you want ultimate control over every bit of hardware in your Arjen> RCX, take a look at LegOS. Actually, this is not a language, Arjen> you need an additional compiler. These are available for free Arjen> though. But expect quite a (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.500)

  Re: Problem downloading firmware (RIS 1.5)

Michael, I was stuck in that loop until I realized you have to push the BUTTON for Download Firmware!! Not intuitive. I thought 'Continue' would do it !!!! (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.500)

More:  Next Page >>