  Search Results: Mindstorms redownload firmware
 Results 801 – 820 of about 14000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  New to the list

i'm new to the list and try to find out more about this great kit developed by Lego. I also realise there's a big developer/hobby inventor community out there. i had a look at the various websites and articles already. is there an archive of this (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.530)

  Firmware

My firmware will not download to the brick under any windows program I have including The origonal lego one. I have tried about 7 different ways, but it only counts up to about 200 until it starts to retransmit. I put it in a perfectly dark room and (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.530)

  Re: lego and steppers

(...) Which counter are you referring to? If believe that if you are using the standard Lego firmware, e.g. by using NQC, and you are using the "pulse/edge" counting modes, you can detect an edge only once every 300 ms or so, which is fairly slow. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.529)

  Re: Problems with RCX, ROBOLAB and Macintosh

Hallo Will, it can't be the adapter cable which is wrong. With NQC -the very good programming software from Dave Baum- I have no problem to contact the RCX. Downloading the firmware, sending programs, starting programs ... it's okay. Everything (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.529)

  RE: signals / legOS internals

(...) Not to put too fine a point on it, and I hope Kekoa agrees, but the "fluff" is the reason why replacement firmware works in the first place. Without the ROM vectors being dispatched through RAM pointers that are initialized by the ROM and then (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.529)

  Re: Blocking IR

(...) I doubt you have a broken RCX. If you did, firmdl.c would not download firmware correctly. (...) That is a good thing to try; I suppose it did not help things? (...) I don't see why you couldn't post the .srec file. I don't know if you also (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.529)

  Re: Blocking IR

(...) So I just tried this, and it took more than a few minutes to get it to work. But it does work. Apparently, the modulation of the IR signal is needed for the light sensor to give a reading. The standard modulation used during regular IR (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.528)

  RCX Firmware storage.

After a near heartattack with my TI-89 after upgrading it's flash ROM (I think it is flash rom, Flash Somethin, (URL) I have to ask myself what exactly does the RCX have to store the Fireware. After pulling all avaible power source to my TI-89, it (...) (25 years ago, 10-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.527)

  Re: RCX Firmware storage.

STARRWARSS@aol.com writes: > Anywho, what exactly does the RCX use to store the Firmware? ROM. Hard-coded, can't change it, ROM. That's okay, of course, because all it has in it is a program loader and a few simple programs. (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.527)

  Re: random numbers

(...) The firmware supports random numbers using some method that whose name I can't remember at the moment. Something about feedback. Anyways, the algorithm there boils down to: int seed; int rand (void) { char bit; bit = (seed & (1 << 1)) >> 1; (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.526)

  Re: IR Transmitter - where's the "off" switch?

Brian H. Nielsen <70401.2635@compuserve.com> wrote in message ... (...) The application where it is desirable to keep the tower turned on is when you want one or more RCXes to be able to send messages to a program running on the host computer. The (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.526)

  Re: RIS version 1.5 coming this fall

(...) Sorry, I was (accidentally) spreading FUD. Didn't occur to me that taking the batteries out would reset it. I assumed that "firmware" really meant firmware. --Todd (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.526)

  Re: What is RPM of Gear Motor???

Keep checking the math. I clocked the motor at 330 - 350 rpm. I used the rotation sensor driven directly by the motor. From analysis of the RCX firmware, the rotation sensor should be accurate to 1250 rpm, so I'm pretty confident of it being in the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.526)

  Re: Lego and Linux

(...) If you don't want to change firmware, Dave Baum's NQC is your best bet. Check out (URL) for more info. You'll get more power using LegOS, but NQC is still quite capable. (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.526)

  Re: Controlling Digital Camera via Infra Red?

Although the RCX uses IR, it is not IrDA compliant. The RCX operates using the same carrier (38kHz) found in many consumer remote devices (television, VCR, etc). Aside from that it is non-standard as far as IR communication goes. Simple - but (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.526)

  Re: What is RPM of Gear Motor???

In article (...) I don't know anything about legOS - perhaps it has its own sensor sampling code. I was looking through the standard Lego firmware to determine the 1250 rpm number, and I verified it with a few experiments, but again using standard (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.525)

  application termination

Hi, what is the magic in LegOS to quit the application so that it can be restarted again? In some demos it works, but the same mechanism (i.e. 1 stopper process that kills the other on [run] button) quits the program, but the display says some (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.525)

  LegOS HOWTO- updates

For those of you who have looked at the LegOS HOWTO before, or for those who have not, there are some new topics covered, some of which may make you think twice about sticking to the old firmware. new topics: *random number generation. Don't make (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.524)

  Re: RIS version 1.5 coming this fall

(...) Certainly they chose to allow firmware downloads to allow for future upgrades. For a new RCX, if they really wanted to prevent us from writing new firmware, the best solution, and one we could not defeat without extraordinary means, would be (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.524)

  Re: firmdl for Win32? (Re: random numbers)

(...) I can compile it for use with Cygwin (Unix for NT), but since I have not (yet) figured out how to configure and use the serial port under NT, there is no NT version as of yet. But there are other firmware downloaders for NT already. To compile (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.524)

More:  Next Page >>