  *86689 (-20)
  Re: ldraw.org General Update, Added Press & Awards

(...) :) (...) Sounds like a nice idea. The only think I see that might be strange about it is the feature article section IMO should focus on Lego CAD items, cool new LDraw stuff, new standards, etc. Steve, Jacob, and I were planning on putting up (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

(...) Indeed, this would have been an easy way to circumvent racial issues, this particular time. Still, there are four thumbnail pictures from the movie towards the top of the instruction pages, and the human portrayed most clearly (in two of the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: FIber-optic rotation sensor

It was not me to discover it, but it's definitely doable. You can use the fiber-optic device as a rotation sensor and it works pretty well. As Dennis and Phil said, the only point is that you cannot detect the direction, but in many cases you (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  25° iscritto ItLUG: Fabio Marzorati

(...) collega. (...) Benvenuto Fabio, e auguri anche a te! Ciao Mario (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: First Lego League Software

In a message dated 12/22/99 10:41:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, mattdm@mattdm.org writes: << It's silly to allow RoboLab and not NQC. Robolab also supports variables and is also a lot more powerful than the RIS software. And, it's an extra cost (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How old are you?

(...) 24. I still have a suitcase full of Legos in the attic, but strangely I never really got into the Technic/Expert Builder stuff until very recently. I did, however, figure out all the neat things you could do movement-wise with regular legos; (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

Dave, (...) I think that the Flash Speeder minifig is not Panaka. In the movie, the flash speeder was used in the first moments of the seizure of the castle / government building, and he was not driving it, and that is what IMHO TLC (TLG, LG, LC) (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Web Hosting Questions?

(...) Domain names don't necessarily cost that much anymore. Check out <URL:(URL) for $13/year domain registrations. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) I'd have preferred Milli Vanilli music over that ridiculous Ewok nonsense. For that matter, I've preferred Rob and Fab themselves over the stupid teddy bears, but we all know the George-wanted-wookie...ave-worked story. (...) I've said this (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ldraw.org General Update, Added Press & Awards

(...) well (...) site has (...) cluttered (...) Topics (...) Awards. (...) in (...) rail (...) him and (...) COOL!! I'll have to check it out later. (...) Hopefully (...) has (...) If you really want to get rid of the MLCad article(personlly I'm (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: First Lego League Software

(...) It's silly to allow RoboLab and not NQC. Robolab also supports variables and is also a lot more powerful than the RIS software. And, it's an extra cost thing. NQC is available for free to anyone. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  How old are you?

I was just wondering how old most of the members in this forum are? I suspect most people active in Robotics as a hobby aren't children. I'm just about to turn 36, but I was dreaming about Lego Robots since I was 8. MG (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Panaka is yellow?

I'm sure the topic of race amongst mini-figures is an ancient one, but I just wanted to hear theories from the more informed AFOL's this time. I'm pretty sure TLG just wanted to circumvent any racial issues by making ALL the heads "yellow." There've (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New site for the NGLTC

Robin, It looks like Tallahassee is about 6 hours from New Orleans. I bet that is the closest you will get to New Orleans. When is the GATS show? Maybe I can meet you there? I do not have a layout, but I have some rolling stock that I would love to (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  LEGO on As-It-Happens

LEGO was mentioned again on the CBC Radio program As It Happens. People have been calling in descibing their favorite childhood toys. The person last night was a commericial photographer who did a shoot with LEGO a few years ago. He said that he had (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: My website to be in the next Technic Magazine?

(...) Which means I've probably got one somewhere... though it might be best waiting untilthe new catalogue comes out in case applications now need to be sent to Slough. I recently despatched a Lego Club application to Wrexham... hope it doesn't get (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Mindstorms Wishlist

(...) Relay bricks. That way you can run a Lego train without having to suck power from the RCX. (...) Might be a bit pricey, but it's definitely a good idea. (...) Maybe, but maybe also a breakout box for sensor inputs? (...) And this should (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Lucky Canadians - Upgrade arrived

I bought it in November 1999, within the "valid" upgrade timeframe. The lady I talked to wasn't concerned when I bought it, just if it was a 1.0. The "official" corporate policy limits the time frame, but if you talk to the right person, who knows. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New SW 2000 reviews

(...) Saw a post of yours the other week dealing with the new sets Mike. I picked up 7137 and 7144 at Target just down the road from work here in Vernon Hills, IL monday(right down I94 from you). And I must say that the A-Wing is very nice as well. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: First Lego League Software

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:000001bf4c8d$06...@pro150... (...) Actually, it is JG, not JS. (...) contests (...) I doubt it sincerely. The contest is aimed at kids, and allowing any software environment seriously (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Skipped 1 message in group lugnet.admin.general (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact