 Star Wars / 5111
Re: New SW 2000 reviews
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:24:07 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Michael Perri writes:
Well I live in Kenosha, WI and on 12/15 I decided to take a drive to southern
Chicago and NW Indiana to the Meijer's stores for the new sets.  Well I am
happy to say that I did get all the new SW sets except the battle droid and
the pit droid (the battle droid is an xmas gift I know I am getting but I
won't say how I know).  I decided to put in my two cents and maybe a little
more about these sets.

7124  Flash Speeder  The set has a descent piece count, a cool new minifig,
and lots of green pieces.  The front of the set has a green nose piece that is
from 4561, it is used in train sets.  1-10  8.5

7115  Gungan Patrol  This is another $10 set and had limited pieces.
Especially more Jar Jar's, NO MORE JAR JAR'S!!!  It is a lower piece count but
the nice thing about this is I can create my Gungan army at the end of the
movie.  All I need are more battle droids.  It is a kinda sort of descent set
but there are other things to spend your money on.  1-10  6

7104  Desert Skiff  Can I say yuck?  This set was a complete waste of money.
All except for the Han Solo.  I won't complain about more brown pieces but the
set just sucked.  The ramp was only 1 wide, that is just messed up!!!  Another
thing is no aliens.  When I saw ROTJ there were at least 5 aliens on the skiff
and in the lego set I count none.  If I can get one more skiff and make
Jabba's sail barge I can renact the scene in ROTJ at least.  1-10  3

7134  A-wing  First let me make sure the are AFOLer's that are going to go
postal when I say this but this set rocks!  Except for the colors this set is
excellent.  It is to scale, has an awesome minifig pilot, and technician.  The
price is reasonable I had to buy two.  When I get some spray paint I will make
this set even better.  1-10  9

7144  Slave 1  Paying $20 just for Boba Fett is worth it.  The set is scaled
down which I was expecting from lego but really nice.  The Han Solo in
Carbonite is a nice idea too.  For $20 it is an excellent set to play with
plus use as a reference to improve on.  1-10  8.5

7180  B-wing at Rebel Control Center  I have always liked the B-wing ever
sonce I first saw the movie.  It was something different and lego did an
excellent job with a diffrent set.  The pilot was nice, the piece with the
death star on it was good too.  For what lego could do with this  set it was
nice.  Good piece count, detail, and playability.  I plan on buying three more
and make a few modifications.  1-10  9

I would like to mention after I got back from my 4 hour trip from Indiana I
found that the Wal-mart by me had the sets in stock that day.  Doh!  But the
trip was fun plus I saved money buying the legos and I would do something like
this again.

Mike

Saw a post of yours the other week dealing with the new sets Mike. I picked up
7137 and 7144 at Target just down the road from work here in Vernon Hills, IL
monday(right down I94 from you).  And I must say that the A-Wing is very nice
as well. I was impressed with how "bulky" it is once put together. Very nice as
I said.
As far as Slave I, well what else is there to say, it's Fett.  I am also very
impressed with it. Although it is not to scale, like many of you out there
clammer for, it is still sweet.  Plus I will be the first to admit that I
really didn't care for the "look" and size of it when I saw the first pics of
it on the net, and was a bit disappointed.  Sometime justice isn't done to a
model til it is sitting in front of you.

Travis