  *74120 (-20)
  Re: DFW, It's time to speak up!

(...) area (...) I (...) Sounds good. I don't expect to be back until sometime early next year seeing that IBM likes to put on a travel freeze for all non-essential travel during the last quarter of each year so they can try and make budgets. I will (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw)

  Re: Price Reduced! "Bill & Mary" $15!

The 6000 Idea Book is spoken for...thanks for looking. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Price Reduced! 6339 $60

This set is spoken for...thanks for looking. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Seeking Lego Town Set 6595 - Surf Shack - NISB!

that's a bummer for the seller, I believe this orignally sold for 8 to 10 dollars, and I believe the going price for them is about 15 now. I don't think you'll find a deal like that again. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Message for Tamyra Teed ("Mookie")

Hi Tamy. Sorry for not writing,but I´m not able to get to my email account at the moment. I sent your parcel friday the 5th of November. Post office clerk told me, that it can take up to 28 days ! I´ll send you an email when I´m online again. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Questions on part #2865 - Train Track 9V Straight.

Hello all, I've noticed there is a mockup file being passed around, wich proofs there is a definite need for an official part #2865 - Train Track 9V Straight. Hmm.. it's a nice difficult one. Would you please answer the following questions: 1. Has (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Jumping 'bots?

Greetings All! I am still awaiting the arrival of MindStorms in Hungary, so I have had a lot of time to read the O'Reilly book, lurk on LUGNet and this list for a month or so, and just generally get a feeling for the whole LEGO robotics world. I (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Busy Bee and discontinued sets

Mike Timm wrote in message ... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) around (...) be (...) is (...) might (...) When I was compiling the data I noticed this set as well. I think this might have slipped through when I dumped the Pause text database into (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) Wouldn't this depend on the type of roommate situation? I'd say, if the only thing they have in common is the address, than sure, separate households. If they have a private room in the house, but share living quarters, then they're not. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) Intewrestingly, a vast majority of IP protected works do Not allow resale (without prior written consent from the publisher). From my copy of Asimov's Foundation: "This book is sold subject to the condition that it shall not, by way of trade (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) Yeah well, you jibe at me, I jibe back. Can't help it. (...) Yes, they should. (...) It'd still be ok then. (...) The end result is the same, though. Therefore, in my opinion at least, it is wrong. (...) Exactly. (...) A bit less, actually. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Please help me with a gift

(...) Just wanted to say a big thanks to all of you who responded to my request. This is a wonderful group of people and you have all been very helpful. I called and requested the Shop at Home catalog and hope that I can find some of the things (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pure Energy & the RCX

I've been using them in a GPS for a couple years. They don't get a lot of use, but I've never had any problem. When using the GPS I like being able to always start out the day with a fresh set of batteries. I probably never did a full discharge of (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Using motion blur to give the illusion of speed

(...) I haven't tried it, but I'm familiar with the technique. In the first image below, I have weighted the "centre" images more than the other ones, to simulate a "slow" shutter, most like an SLR. The second image below has all the frames weighted (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: The "geography" of local space

Oops. (...) Actually, it's 1.876 parsecs. You really needed to know, right? 8^) Cheers! -- John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D. Department of Structural Biology Stanford University Medical Center Stanford, CA 94305 -- (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Using motion blur to give the illusion of speed

Fredrik: (...) Cool. Sometimes people make unrealistic motion blur, where they give the final image more weight than the preceeding images to give both a good picture of the car and give an impression of action. Have you tried that? (...) Both ov (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Is the LDraw parts database free?

[ Just for the record: IANAL ] Fredrik: (...) The _collection_ of LDraw files is strictly speaking owned collectively by all of us who in some way have contributed to the collection. The _individual_ LDraw files are owned by whoever worked on them. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Domenica 28 novembre

Verrà anche un mio collega di lavoro, Giovanni Bedocchi, la persona che mi ha fatto conoscere il Mindstorms (e per questo ho un debito incommensurabile...) Marco, ricordati di mandarci le indicazioni su come raggiungere casa tua. Mi raccomando, so (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: 6031 on sale at Newark Toys R Us

snip (...) be (...) the (...) one (...) Hmm, those backpacks are ok, that would be set to find cheap though. The horse armor IS called "barding", if I EVER find an inexpensive set with it in, I will buy TONS. I have bought many Samurai Lords mostly (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj)

  Female Ninja

If anyone has a white female ninja (with gray samurai sword) for sale, please let me know ASAP! Thanks. (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Skipped 7 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact