 CAD / Development / 3243
3242  |  3244
Subject:
Questions on part #2865 - Train Track 9V Straight.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:54:00 GMT

Hello all,

I've noticed there is a mockup file being passed around, wich proofs there is a
definite need for an official part #2865 - Train Track  9V Straight.
Hmm.. it's a nice difficult one.

Would you please answer the following questions:

1. Has someone started to model a complete part #2865 with the intention to
submit it for official voting ?

2. Could someone measure the internal cross-section of the rail ?

ad 1. You might ask: "did I take a look at the LDraw Parts Tracker ?"  Yes,
I've tried, but since the preliminary verdict on the Microsoft-case
(coincidence ?) access to this site is being refused to me. I don't now the ins
and outs on this, so advice on this problem is appreciated.

ad 2. The inside of the rail part has a rather complicated shape with tilted
surfaces and a hard to measure "sloped"  top. I've been thinking of "casting"
the internal cross-section of the rail section with flexible material to obtain
proper measurements, but maybe someone has a better idea, or a gismo that's
able to extract the desired figures in a less complicated manner.

Greetings, Manfred Moolhuysen.