  *71150 (-20)
  Re: LCD screen

Hi! Timeline Inc. sells 2x16 parallel LCD for $7.00/each! (URL) is great. Good luck! (...) Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. --unknown ===...=== Kam Leang University of Utah Department of Mechanical (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  2000 catalog FOUND!

Acting on the tip from the RTL post, I stopped by Target today on my way home from work and picked up a snow speeder. Jackpot! I'm scanning it now... KL (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: More news on 2000 lineup!

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) That's a bit on the uncharitable side (or there's some unresolved anger there about something else). I would be that kind of doofus :-) Your Real castle doesn't turn into forts and ports nearly as nicely for (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Adventurers and dinosaurs in 2000

I'm surprised more people haven't been talking about this here. :) I remember reading some of the earlier speculations, and I believe person suggested a dinosaur adventurer subtheme. Congratulations to whomever it was. I wonder how they'll work it (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: More news on 2000 lineup!

(...) Fright Knights sucked too. Just less than Ninja. (...) I didn't like it at all. Doubt I'll hold onto any of the Ninja minifigs in the remaining sets I have. (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Sometimes it does, yes. Especially from one perspective or another. (...) Sounds like you're trying to get around to saying that not only do you acknowledge everyone has a "right" to an opinion, but that everyone has a "right" to have that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Arriva il niubbi! :))

Salve a tutti! Dopo un po' di lurking, ed essendo stato spronato dal carissimo Mario Ferrari, faccio il mio ingresso in lugnet.loc.it (mi e' stata promessa una calorosa accoglienza, sapete? ;) Avendo il Mindstorms da pochissimo tempo avrei preferito (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Classic Christmas set?

(...) Darnit, now I _have_ to go and look at the set, and I know I don't have any cash. *smirk* -Cheese (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: Adventurers and dinosaurs in 2000

(...) these would probably be duplo-saurs, rather than system dinos; giving a whole new meaning to the term,"terrible lizard". later ~ craig (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: RCX motor voltage

(...) I can think of two other possibilities: The best approach is probably to add more gears so that the motors don't have to work as hard to move the platform. The platform will move more slowly, but at least it will move at all. (Hmm... That (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) It would appear that way, at least partially. He may also be comparing it only to the mid- to late-90's Castle sets and not to the glory days mid-80's sets...? (...) I don't see how anyone could prefer Pepsi to Coke. I don't see how anyone (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: RCX motor voltage

(...) These solutions bring up problems of their own: using a motor to operate a switch (battery box or Lego switch) requires monitoring the switch state to determine on/off status. Also, there will be a time delay while the motor moves from one (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Brik brand giant blocks

I believe I seen some of these the last time I went to the local KB Toy Outlet. I'll check again the next time I go there. You could try giving them a call, get the info at kbkids.com and see if there is an outlet close to you. Troy Bruce Bowman (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Brik brand giant blocks

I am searching for a source for Brik brand giant building blocks. If you are not familiar with them, they are Legos on steroids (standard block is approx. 8x4x3 inches). We have just enough of them to drive us crazy and badly need more to do any (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: More news on 2000 lineup!

(...) Someone who is a fan of Akira Kurosawa's films might well enjoy the Ninja theme. Lego's target audience (i.e. kids) might. I wouldn't think either could inherently refered to as a "doofus". Why is Fright Knights "real" castle and Ninja not? (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Settimi

Io non mi abbasserei mai a questo genere di cose. ;-) Giulio Marco Beri ha scritto: (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: McD set numbers

(...) I can confirm the numbers for 1 and 6. The number for set 4 is 1995, this is the green slope with printed chicken set. I also agree that the best set is #1, but I also think that #3 and # 5 are especially cool for the hot pink plates and (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Well, see, that's your opinion, and that's fine. But when other opinions differ, that doesn't make someone a doofus, right? Whenever I find myself going "oh gawd" about anyone who's excited by UFO, Exploriens, or Insectoids, I remind myself (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I didn't even say that it was a pale imitation of glory-year sets. I said Thad -might- have felt that it was. Just speculation. Me, I'm a Space head, and I hate all Castle stuff anyway, except for (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Scout secrets revealed

It's exciting that the Scout SDK is coming out so soon. The only regret is that VLL will not work on the Scout or the RCX. I have a strange feeling though that someone will figure out a way to do it anyway. Robert Eddings (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.scout)

Skipped 4 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact