  *378566 (-20)
  Finally the Wait is over...

Looks like Book 5: Order of the Phoenix is going to be released in the early Summer... June 21st to be exact. It is going to be a best-seller....already (even as it is being announced). It is over 255,000 words ... and EVEN larger than HP: Goblet of (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: A space workhorse MOC from Port Block Yards

On 02:33 01/19/2003 +0000, Richard Parsons wrote (...) Nice little design. Reminds me of a sub meets a transfer truck :-) Nice, simple SNOT effects and a clean design. Would make a nice series of shots/short stories about working class ships at a (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space)

  A space workhorse MOC from Port Block Yards

Morning all, Port Block Yards has released pictures of the Chifley Class Yard Support Vessels. (URL) bound to find a few of these around any Port Block Yards shipyards, and you may even encounter them on their own, going about the business of the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space)

  Re: Help with construction detail

(...) Try this: (URL) a 1x5 Technic Rotor 2 Blade with 4 Studs. Joe Meno (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Space.

(...) Shweet.. I'm waiting for the wall poster with Neil Brickstrong's autograph. -Tom McD. (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  webbed dish and rod/bar

I've tried to find the webbed radar dish and any rod/bar in 3 colors and can't i found blue dish and blue rods i found red dish and red rods orange dish, no rods yellow rods, no dish etc can anyone tell me if there is a third color that has the dish (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Sensor Sampling; Progress?

The Lego firmware cuts power for about 200uS, with a period of 3mS. So most sensors have to have enough capacitor based power storage for the full 200uS and be able to run on about 93% duty cycle. (The rotation sensor is one of the devices on the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help with construction detail

In lugnet.castle, Tanya K. Burkhart writes: ... (...) ... Hi. I'd recommend using a rubber band. I've had good success using rubber bands between motors and gear assemblies, and I can't see why it wouldn't work here. A long rubber band would allow (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help with construction detail

(...) I've linked one of those to an axle before; I used the 1x5 hinge system to do it. In effect you end up with something that looks an awful lot like a helicopter rotor, with the short bar 3 fingers one end/2 fingers at right angle on the other (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help with construction detail

(...) First off, there don't sem to be any sort of larger technic axles to facilitate the use of these rotors other than the red 'seated' axles in the kit itself. I would prefer you use this part instead. (URL) can be used in conjunction with normal (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: roll call (27 more needed?)

(...) And the module factor is basically infinitely expansible, depending on how you set it up. (...) Using the dithered colours isn't that bad, but drawing off the harry potter sets, I guess that's the only possibility, eh? I've still yet to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sensor Sampling; Progress?

(...) Yes. (...) individually (...) That's right. (...) I agree. With the current firmware, power gets cut off to all 3 sensors for ~85us (sometimes longer). With the scheme I mentioned, power would be cut to only one sensor for ~25us. The sample (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Sensor Sampling; Progress?

(...) What OS are you using? How far have you got? Max. (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: roll call (27 more needed?)

(...) A combination - or it will be. That's the plan, anyway. The entire "basement" (the level where the moat would be if I had more space to spread out) is a very solid structure, but the towers and buildings will have spaces that open. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nose doors?

(...) Not opening. However, on my Via F unit, it has 2 1x4 tiles on the nose to simulate the door. Problems I can see are that they opened outwards, and are only ~1 stud wide or at most 2. (most had a 2 part door). Hinging would be a problem using (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Help with construction detail

FUT ---> .castle only Hi, folks! I'm in need of some suggestions as to how to attach this helicopter rotor: (URL) a Technic axle. The rotor is designed to fit on a pin and spin freely, I'd like to use it as the base for the vanes of a windmill and (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: roll call (27 more needed?)

(...) Alright, an addition already! (...) .castle has been really slow with postings lately, which was a surprise to me. Then again, at least we can be thankful the lack of posting isn't to the extent of lugnet.underground or lugnet.harrypotter. If (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Privet drive car bumper

Checked my one and it has the Crome Grills and the sealed bag in question has a Tree Leave inside as well... hummm, an added extra. -- ~~ Mike Edwards ~~ (URL) ~ 'BrikTopia' ~~ "Jason J Railton" <j.j.railton@ntlworld.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: ROLL CALL! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78!

(...) Seems the whole roll call draft has slowed considerably in the last few weeks, and it's refreshing to see another rectuiting effort. But, with the goal of seventy eight signatures in place, I came up with an interesting idea. Why not search (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sensor Sampling; Progress?

I have been following this thread with great interest for two reasons. One day, someone will be persuaded to provide me with direct help and assistance in getting BrickOS running on my laptop - perhaps at BW or BF. I have built quite a few prototype (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact