 Trains / Train Organizations / M>ltc / *33 (-10)
Subject:
Langwarrin Train Show 11/12 Nov
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.mltc
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:00:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

M>ltc will be exhibiting our layout at the Langwarrin Model Train Show.

When: 11/12 November
Where: Langwarrin Primary School, Jackson Drv, Melways 136/A4

Setup is 4pm-8:30pm Friday 10th November.

ROSCO

Subject:
M>ltc Shows Mount Freedom at Brickvention.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.mltc
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:36:54 GMT

(Oct 2005) As this was the last show for the layout, it will all be dismantled to build next years layout, in fact a fair bit was dismantled last night. Our 2006 layout will have 3 loops on 2 different levels, 2 bridges, and lots of other goodies, so stay tuned! We hope do do 4-5 shows with the new layout next year.

Hello All,

M>ltc has just shown there new train layout at Brickvention 2006.

The white retaining wall ,with the Blue Steam train, says MOUNT FREEDOM.

My Pictures http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=188666

Rosco’s Pictures http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=188320

My Pictures showing some of the build up. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=146174

Well I guess this layout started about a year ago, at the dinner table, at the Morwell Model train show. Tea was finished and we were talking about a new layout over a few beers.We had paper table cloths ,so I got a pen and started drawing.Ideas were talked about, airports, mountains etc.

A month later Rosco did the first track draft, from what was talked about at Morwell.Me and Rosco then got together and finalised plans for a second draft. Including a Mountain side and City side,and road plates.

The 2005 layout was pulled apart. I got the wooden boards and built a wooden frame for the mountain.Then anouncing the first club meeting for the 2006 layout (late 2005).

We deside to build some retaining walls , to save on the use of green bricks. The white retaining wall was built, looking a bit plain , we desided to put a mural on it. Paul suggested , “FREE BONKTRON”. Me been me I desided on Mount Freedom.

A few months passed ,and not much was getting built, so I asked for help.Paul and Trav Gave me a hand by building the Egypt ruins. Rosco helped out by building some around the waterfall ,rocks and tressel bridge. Thanks also to Dave & Ben.I finished it ,1 am the friday morning before BrickVention setup.

City side . Kane built the pub. Rosco built the red department store and the lower half of the next red building.Beth & Tim built the top of the red skyscraper, the white skyscaper and the light house, with a bit of help from Me. Aaron,Paul,Rosco and Me built the train station.Mattew and Me built the town houses at the the front .Trav built the XXX Pirate club.

But there is still heaps more done ! All in good time !

Thanks, Teunis M>ltc Artistic Director.

PS, if there are more pictures that people have taken please post the on brickshelf, as my photos were blurie.

Re: New layout taking shape
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.mltc
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 18:46:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.mltc, Ross Crawford wrote:
   After a week of building, the new layout is starting to take shape.

Wow, this new layout ~REALLY IS~ taking shape! I have always enjoyed the “unusual” things and bits of humour found on your layout. Looks like this layout well surely please in that department. I really enjoyed the pics, and you can really see the “growth” M<LTC has had over the year, your layout is becoming more and more detailed and cohesive. Nice work, and the archaeological site is really a cool idea. (puts that in my list of cool ideas to “steal”.)

Janey “Red Brick”

Shotlighted.

Subject:
New layout taking shape
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.mltc
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:52:16 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

After a week of building, the new layout is starting to take shape. Another big session today saw the bulk of the main station completed, while the members got to see the progress of the various modules.

Some highlights:

   The mountain area, showing the 3 main loops, a couple of tunnel entrances, and one of the 3 large bridges

   The farm area, with crop circles and crashed UFO

   The egyptian tomb, recently uncovered by archeaologists

   The lighthouse, with working lamp (well OK it isn’t working yet but it will be)

   The department store, not yet complete

   The station, not yet complete

More pictures here after moderation.

Thanks to Teunis for letting us test out his new BBQ!

ROSCO

Subject:
Model Show (and 2005) wrap up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.mltc
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 04:27:49 GMT

Well, M>ltc just completed our last show for 2005, and our last show with the current layout. You can see some details of the layout from the Pakenham show earlier in the year, this weekends layout was basically the same, except for a slightly modified office building.

Some things worth highlighing:

   Teunis’ Maersk Container cars

   Teunis’ “El Capitan” train, based on the design by James Mathis

   The updated office building, complete with dragon

As this was the last show for the layout, it will all be dismantled to build next years layout, in fact a fair bit was dismantled last night. Our 2006 layout will have 3 loops on 2 different levels, 2 bridges, and lots of other goodies, so stay tuned! We hope do do 4-5 shows with the new layout next year.

Thanks to everyone that helped during the year!

ROSCO

Subject:
Melbourne Train Expo and Hobby Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains.org.mltc, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 21:01:30 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

M>ltc is displaying our LEGO train layout at the Hobby show again this year. Last year went really well so feel free to come along and see all the great exhibits. This will be our last show with the current layout, so if you haven’t seen it yet, here’s your last chance!

Details

Date:
   1st and 2nd October 2005

Time:
   10am-6pm

Place:
   Brentwood Community Youth Club Hall
Brandon Park Reserve
Ferntree Gully Road
Glen Waverley
Melways 71 C8

See you there!

Subject:
MUGS/M>ltc Website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains.org.mltc, lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:49:56 GMT

G’day all,

I am very pleased and excited to announce that MUGS (the Melbourne Lego Users Group) and M>ltc (the Melbourne Lego Train Club) have a website!

We can be found at http://www.melbourne-lego.info/.

The site will be updated very soon, but for the time being, feel free to have a look around.

Thank you,

Matthew Wightwick.

Re: M>ltc voted 2nd best layout at Stawell Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.mltc
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 00:13:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.mltc, Ross Crawford wrote:
   M>ltc displayed our current layout at the Grampians Train Show in Stawell this weekend. It was another great weekend, with a few noteworthy points: • (snip) Anyway, all the pics are here after moderation, and there’s some pics of other layouts here if you’re interested.

Enjoy!

Oh, and did I mention how cold it was????

ROSCO

Hey M>ltc congrats on your 2nd place! Your layout is becoming quite impressive (I ran through the deep links).

Oh btw, I am not entirely clear, was it cold???

Janey “Thank gosh it’s summer here, Red Brick”

Subject:
M>ltc voted 2nd best layout at Stawell Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.mltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:57:21 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

M>ltc displayed our current layout at the Grampians Train Show in Stawell this weekend. It was another great weekend, with a few noteworthy points:

   1. It was cold!

   2. Unfortunately, not enough tables were available to display our full 8x3 module layout, so after some hasty re-organisation, we displayed a smaller 6x3 layout. Of course we bragged to the model railroaders how easy it was for us to re-organise it ;)

   3. It was very cold!

   4. We ran a “Mega Chief”, consisting of 2 Super Chief sets minus 1 Observation car plus 1 Dome car plus 1 B unit.

   5. It was so @#$% cold!!

   6. We were voted 2nd best layout by the public!

Anyway, all the pics are here after moderation, and there’s some pics of other layouts here if you’re interested.

Enjoy!

Oh, and did I mention how cold it was????

ROSCO

(FUT .org.mltc)

Announce: M>ltc at Stawell
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.mltc, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:54:10 GMT

M>ltc will be displaying our layout at the Grampian Model Railroaders Inc. Show in Stawell on 9-10 July. Again, it will be basically the same layout as the previous 2 shows at Pakenham and Morwell.

Details:
Where: SES Hall, Sloan St, Stawell (Just near the hospital, follow the signs)
When: Saturday 9th July, 9am-6pm; Sunday 10th July, 9am-4pm
Info: http://www.gmr.has.it/

Hope to see you there!

ROSCO

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact