 Announcements / 2784
2783  |  2785
Subject:
First public M>ltc display at Brandon Park Model Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.mltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:02:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

It’s over!!!

This past weekend, the Melbourne LEGO® Train Club did our first public train show. It was part of the Brandon Park Model Show, so there were models of all kinds there, although the majority were model trains.

We had a 3m x 5m (approx) layout, plus some static displays, and a trade table. It all went really well, here is an overall pic:

We have been invited back next year, as well as several other model shows around Victoria in the next year.

The layout featured a large 2 track suspension bridge, large train shed, station, mountain with hidden spaceport, forested hill with lookout, beach, town area and lots more. We ran many trains, including some modelled after local trains. The response from the other modellers, as well as the public, was overwhelmingly positive, and hopefully we’ve found 1 or 2 more builders along the way.

Anyway there are pics of the setup here, day 1 here, and day 2 (when we got some flabbergasted looks for deliberately derailing our trains and crashing into our scenery) here.

For the curious, there are also some pics of the non-LEGO displays here. I especially liked this 8 thread braiding machine built in Meccano, maybe I might have to try to build a LEGO version.....

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the display, may this be the first of many!

ROSCO M>ltc