 Local / Australia / 13893
13892  |  13894
Subject:
M>ltc Shows Mount Freedom at Brickvention.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.mltc
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:36:54 GMT

(Oct 2005) As this was the last show for the layout, it will all be dismantled to build next years layout, in fact a fair bit was dismantled last night. Our 2006 layout will have 3 loops on 2 different levels, 2 bridges, and lots of other goodies, so stay tuned! We hope do do 4-5 shows with the new layout next year.

Hello All,

M>ltc has just shown there new train layout at Brickvention 2006.

The white retaining wall ,with the Blue Steam train, says MOUNT FREEDOM.

My Pictures http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=188666

Rosco’s Pictures http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=188320

My Pictures showing some of the build up. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=146174

Well I guess this layout started about a year ago, at the dinner table, at the Morwell Model train show. Tea was finished and we were talking about a new layout over a few beers.We had paper table cloths ,so I got a pen and started drawing.Ideas were talked about, airports, mountains etc.

A month later Rosco did the first track draft, from what was talked about at Morwell.Me and Rosco then got together and finalised plans for a second draft. Including a Mountain side and City side,and road plates.

The 2005 layout was pulled apart. I got the wooden boards and built a wooden frame for the mountain.Then anouncing the first club meeting for the 2006 layout (late 2005).

We deside to build some retaining walls , to save on the use of green bricks. The white retaining wall was built, looking a bit plain , we desided to put a mural on it. Paul suggested , “FREE BONKTRON”. Me been me I desided on Mount Freedom.

A few months passed ,and not much was getting built, so I asked for help.Paul and Trav Gave me a hand by building the Egypt ruins. Rosco helped out by building some around the waterfall ,rocks and tressel bridge. Thanks also to Dave & Ben.I finished it ,1 am the friday morning before BrickVention setup.

City side . Kane built the pub. Rosco built the red department store and the lower half of the next red building.Beth & Tim built the top of the red skyscraper, the white skyscaper and the light house, with a bit of help from Me. Aaron,Paul,Rosco and Me built the train station.Mattew and Me built the town houses at the the front .Trav built the XXX Pirate club.

But there is still heaps more done ! All in good time !

Thanks, Teunis M>ltc Artistic Director.

PS, if there are more pictures that people have taken please post the on brickshelf, as my photos were blurie.