 Trains / 30183
Re: New Elements on Factory?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 22:42:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Jack Hawk wrote:
   I’m usually not on Factory/Pick-a-Brick, but have been this week. In just the past couple of days, it looks like they’ve made some changes to the train elements:

Added
  • Train Buffer 2 (Design ID: 64422, Category: Transportation Means, Trains)
  • Prepack With 4 Axle (Element ID: 4492719, Category: Not Aproved New Elements)
Removed
  • individual axles
  • the old buffers
  • magnets
  • magnet holders • >
--Jack AFOL, St. Louis

I see what you mean about the buffers, although I assume you mean the magnet that is hard mounted. The ability to pivot to allow the correct polarity to face outwards if vital really, otherwise you end up with the Brio problem of having to have all your stock one way round. It maybe simply a crap picture tho. And why, when new moulds cost money, do they produce another version?

Tim

Could it be for this reason? link (warning Stajinaria link, may contain swearing, rudeness and other behaviour unallowed on LUGNET).

Tim