 Trains / 30179

Subject:
New Elements on Factory?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:44:30 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I’m usually not on Factory/Pick-a-Brick, but have been this week. In just the past couple of days, it looks like they’ve made some changes to the train elements:

Added
  • Train Buffer 2 (Design ID: 64422, Category: Transportation Means, Trains)
  • Prepack With 4 Axle (Element ID: 4492719, Category: Not Aproved New Elements)
Removed
  • individual axles
  • the old buffers
  • magnets
  • magnet holders
Is it me, or does the new buffer look like its hard-mounted and inflexible? Also, what happened to the old elements? Any chance we’ll get them back?

--Jack AFOL, St. Louis

Re: New Elements on Factory?
   I’m usually not on Factory/Pick-a-Brick, but have been this week. In just the past couple of days, it looks like they’ve made some changes to the train elements:

Added
  • Train Buffer 2 (Design ID: 64422, Category: Transportation Means, Trains)
  • Prepack With 4 Axle (Element ID: 4492719, Category: Not Aproved New Elements)
Removed
  • individual axles
  • the old buffers
  • magnets
  • magnet holders
Is it me, or does the new buffer look like its hard-mounted and inflexible? Also, what happened to the old elements? Any chance we’ll get them back?

--Jack AFOL, St. Louis

I see what you mean about the buffers, although I assume you mean the magnet that is hard mounted. The ability to pivot to allow the correct polarity to face outwards if vital really, otherwise you end up with the Brio problem of having to have all your stock one way round. It maybe simply a crap picture tho. And why, when new moulds cost money, do they produce another version?

Tim

Re: New Elements on Factory?
[...]

Could it be for this reason? link (warning Stajinaria link, may contain swearing, rudeness and other behaviour unallowed on LUGNET).

Tim

Re: New Elements on Factory?