 Trains / 30190
Re: New Elements on Factory?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:44:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jack Hawk wrote:
   I’m usually not on Factory/Pick-a-Brick, but have been this week. In just the past couple of days, it looks like they’ve made some changes to the train elements:

Added
  • Train Buffer 2 (Design ID: 64422, Category: Transportation Means, Trains)
  • Prepack With 4 Axle (Element ID: 4492719, Category: Not Aproved New Elements)
Removed
  • individual axles
  • the old buffers
  • magnets
  • magnet holders
Is it me, or does the new buffer look like its hard-mounted and inflexible? Also, what happened to the old elements? Any chance we’ll get them back?

--Jack AFOL, St. Louis

I’m including images of the buffers:

Well these parts are horrible, I model mostly US trains. And I’m not interested in having my coupler combined with a buffer. I mosly use this part or this and toss the regular buffers in a pile.

And if that’s not bad enough, what’s up with the $25 price tag for a 6x28 train baseplate in DkBley?

Mat Clayson