 Trains / 27162
Re: 9v Train status report.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 04:32:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Kinkel wrote:

My initial thought - on reading this news and the other thread about club
participation - was "How did we get HERE?"

It seemed like there was so much goodwill built up starting way back with
the LEGO Train Summit, the My Own Train series, trains at Target, the
meteoric rise of the LEGO train clubs ("free publicity for LEGO"), realistic
9V engines, JM's Sante Fe cars, the various fests - and now - a questionable
future for the 9V train line.

I suspect, despite AFOLs protests to the contrary, the true measurable sales
impact of AFOLs, train shows and the like, is very small in comparison to
mainstream marketing, sales and distribution.

Everything else was the dedication and aspirations of Jake, a train fan at
heart.

Calum