 Trains / 27152
Re: 9v Train status report.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 04:57:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote:

(some interesting ideas)

That’s all well and good, and I think a website might be useful but it’s not the way to prove the line is viable. That requires driving demand. But how?

What are the chances of LEGO enabling all the clubs to sell stuff at shows and see if the supposed demand we think is there actually is? Not every club would want to do it, of course but I expect some would. To enable it LEGO would have to do it “on consignment” so the club wouldn’t get stuck with excess inventory if it didn’t work, and have to sell to the club for less than retail so there is some motivation, and would have to do it without a lot of red tape. Fast turnaround, whatever product is wanted in whatever quantity (within reason) and no “you have to sell curved track with straight, you have to sell this crappy set with that good one” like small the retailers used to get hosed with.