 Trains / 27179
Re: 9v Train status report.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 08:18:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Eric Kingsley wrote:
Finally I am going to present an initial plan for
how we, the fans can influance the fate of 9v trains.
Are you sure that you or any fan can influence the decisions already
made by LEGO?

Another view on this whole "See what the fall sales bring and Lego will
decide further" story is:

Lego moves the sale of metal rails and stuff to S@H, because they can't
sell dead and buried end-of-lifetime-products to the retailers (they
don't want to carry the financial risk of sales).

All this "Buy loads of stuff from S@H at the end of the year, and we
will see if we can continue" is just a load of bull to sell off the
remaining stock fast and without the need to discount. The "decision on
the fate of the system early 2007" is the carrot they wave in your face
- but you'll never reach it. They might decide wether and how to do a
sale of the remaining stock, but nothing more.

There is no place for two train systems within Lego. The birth of the
plastic track is the death of the metal rail. All they do is to minimize
the (their!) costs for this switch, and avoiding discounts on
dead-as-a-parrot[1] product lines is a good way to accomplish that.

Always keep in mind that LEGO's customers are not called Joe, Jack and
Jane. They are called Walmart and TRU. And they've shown time and again
ion the last years what they think of the needs and wants of Joe, Jack
and Jane...

Yours, Christian

[1] As of Monthy Python fame.