 Trains / 25958
Re: Motorized microscale train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 01:31:50 GMT

I really like this idea.

I had tried using a chain drive for a small cart ride

In my design, I used one of the "fat" chain links to attach a plate, which
supported the cart.  I had problems with the plate falling off every so often.
Also, there was a pretty large opening to allow the plate to stick through the
"ground" into the vehicle.

I like your use of magnets instead.  How did you mount the magnet to the chain
drive though?  I can't figure it out from the pictures.

Thanks