 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2998
2997  |  2999
Subject:
Motorized microscale train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:16:45 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Mocpages link

Brickshelf link

This MOC was actually completed in one day, the last day I had before a meeting with some fellow Dutch Lego enthusiasts. If you want to look at the pretty pictures of the meeting, just do a Brickshelf search on the word “Deurne” (which happened to be the location of the meeting.)

Anyway, back to the MOC. Since I was working with a time limit the scenery is not as pretty or as big as I’d have liked it to have been, but that’s also due to the fact that I was straight out of chain links, so the train makes some pretty harsh turns. I’m really happy about the train itself, though. It’s built with a zillertal bahn steam engine in mind (it’s modeled after one of my dad’s LGB trains, but so far I haven’t been able to track down the make or model, though) As you may have figured, the train is pulled forward with the two magnets at the front and back, which work pretty well as far as steering is concerned. The plate it runs on is a reversed space landing pad, as it’s the thinnest and smoothest surface I could build with Lego elements. The surface it runs on looks more like a road than traintracks... but I still think trains look much better than, say, cars.

Anyway, I’d love to hear what you folks think.