 Trains / 25625
Re: kadee coupler questioner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:38:26 GMT

OnDrew Hartigan wrote:

Feel free to use photos and links in your answers

1. How do you mount your couplers to the wheel sets “trucks”?

On the buffers or using a 2x3 with hole plate. Which ever fits the
situation at hand.

2. Do you have any interest in functional Magne-Matic couplers for Lego trains? No Lego modifications would be necessary.

Yes and no. In the short term I have no desire to replace all the
coupling on all my cars because that would be a sizable expense. In the
long term, maybe. It depends on the price and how much trouble the
magnets or my technic couplers turn out to be.

3. Would you prefer the original pin style mount, Technic axles, or Technic hole?

Pin or hole.

4. How many of your trains would you outfit with couplers?

If I were to do it, eventually I would do them all, but I am not certain
that this is very likely (see response to 2)

5. How much do you think is a reasonable price per train car  (2 couplers)?

When LEGO sold buffers and magnets as a parts pack, they were 3.50 for a
set of two, so I would hope that the Kadee couplers wouldn't be more
than $2 or $3 for a set of two.

6. Are there any special properties you would like to see incorporated into a Lego compatible Kadee coupler?

I wouldn't know what to ask for... Some way to do automatic decoupling?

Chris