 Trains / 25624
Re: kadee coupler questioner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:31:18 GMT

OnDrew Hartigan wrote:

1.    How do you mount your couplers to the wheel sets “trucks”?

LEGO buffer beam or the 2*3 plate usually

2.    Do you have any interest in functional Magne-Matic couplers for Lego
trains? No Lego modifications would be necessary.

YES! Finally shunting as real as it gets! ;)
Also an idea : make a decoupler unit that would easily attach to LEGO track!

3.    Would you prefer the original pin style mount, Technic axles, or
Technic hole?

I'd say original style at first, perhaps later Technic hole (hole is more
flexible than axle IMHO)

4.    How many of your trains would you outfit with couplers?

Depends on 5 mostly... and on my fixed length passenger consists I already
used fixed couplers so no need there.

5.    How much do you think is a reasonable price per train car  (2
couplers)?

Around 3-4 Euro/set (let's hope we can do a pretty much normal price in the
EU, instead of the inflated prices most US model railroading stuff that
gets imported carry) would sound reasonable.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/