 Trains / 25596
25595  |  25597
Subject:
kadee coupler questioner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 03:03:40 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hey all,
Over the past 3 weeks or so I have been talking with Kadee quality products
about the possibilities of making fully functional Magne-Matic couplers for Lego
trains. They have kindly asked me to gather some data from you concerning this
possibility so I have made a questioner for you to fill out.  This is an amazing
opportunity to further our hobby so be honest and detailed in your answers.
Also please stay on topic so I can get the info to Kadee more quickly.

Here is a site that explains how the couplers work:
http://www.kadee.com/animation/c1.htm
Here’s a picture of what couplers would look like on Lego parts. The couplers made for Lego trains would be more refined but this gives you an idea.   http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=214577

Feel free to use photos and links in your answers

1. How do you mount your couplers to the wheel sets “trucks”?
2. Do you have any interest in functional Magne-Matic couplers for Lego trains? No Lego modifications would be necessary.
3. Would you prefer the original pin style mount, Technic axles, or Technic hole?
4. How many of your trains would you outfit with couplers?
5. How much do you think is a reasonable price per train car  (2 couplers)?
6. Are there any special properties you would like to see incorporated into a Lego compatible Kadee coupler?

From both Kadee and myself thank you,
OnDrew Hartigan
CABR- http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=109777

p.s. please forward this to your perspective clubs.