 Trains / 25605
Re: kadee coupler questioner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:28:32 GMT

Feel free to use photos and links in your answers

1. How do you mount your couplers to the wheel sets “trucks”?
I normally use the standard magnet holders clipped into the buffer bars
from the top.
Occasionally, I use a 2x3 plate with a hole.

2. Do you have any interest in functional Magne-Matic couplers for Lego trains? No Lego modifications would be necessary.
Id probably get a few sets but that's about it.
Most of my trains run as a set but I admit they would be nice at times :)

3. Would you prefer the original pin style mount, Technic axles, or Technic hole?
I'd prefer the pin style but I expect there will be patent issues. a
hole is the next best option as I can use a half peg.

4. How many of your trains would you outfit with couplers?
Not many, I'd mainly use them as and when I need them.

5. How much do you think is a reasonable price per train car  (2 couplers)?
£5-10 (About $8-16)

6. Are there any special properties you would like to see incorporated into a Lego compatible Kadee coupler?
Nothing I can think of in the coupler itself. A "clip on" uncoupler
(maybe electronic) would be good.

Hope this helps.

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)