 Trains / 25607
Re: kadee coupler questioner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 02:18:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
Hey all,
Over the past 3 weeks or so I have been talking with Kadee quality products
about the possibilities of making fully functional Magne-Matic couplers for Lego
trains. They have kindly asked me to gather some data from you concerning this
possibility so I have made a questioner for you to fill out.  This is an amazing
opportunity to further our hobby so be honest and detailed in your answers.
Also please stay on topic so I can get the info to Kadee more quickly.

YEEEHAAAA!!!!!

Feel free to use photos and links in your answers

1. How do you mount your couplers to the wheel sets “trucks”?

A 2x3 round end plate stuck to the end of the truck.

2. Do you have any interest in functional Magne-Matic couplers for Lego trains? No Lego modifications would be necessary.

I shorely do!  Automatic switching anyone?  Yipee!!!  Plus, it'll just plum look
cool.  Not Lego, granted, but they're not gonna make knuckle couplers anytime
soon.

3. Would you prefer the original pin style mount, Technic axles, or Technic hole?

Technic pin or hole.

4. How many of your trains would you outfit with couplers?

My "masterpieces."  Depending on the cost, maybe as many as I could.

5. How much do you think is a reasonable price per train car  (2 couplers)?

Under $2 preferably, under $5 definitely.

6. Are there any special properties you would like to see incorporated into a Lego compatible Kadee coupler?

Stud(s) on the coupler proper would be nice, though not necessary.  More
important perhaps, would be making them a certain number of studs across, so
they could be hidden (F style diesel noses come to mind) easily.

Hope this works out, best of luck, and you rock!!!

-Stefan-