 Trains / 22195
Re: train width
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:07:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:

(blather blather blather... as if analysing the *height of a minifig* gets you
anywhere... analyse the WIDTH, I say... then you get 12 wide as the right answer
(0) )

Scale, schmale.

I build 6 wide trains for the following reasons
- It's fun
- It's what LEGO did, for the most part
- You have to be cleverer to get stuff to work out when you work in a smaller
scale, so 6 wide builders are much cleverer than 8 wide (1)
- somebody has to do it or else there'd be no periodic religious wars here.

Build whatever width you want as long as you're happy at it.

The ONLY thing I ask is try to keep all the things on a show layout the same
width at any given time because mixing widths (for similar prototypes, I'm not
talking tom thumb vs big boy here) looks funny. (2)

Are you having fun? Yes? Then you're building the right width.

QED.

++Lar

0 - or 5 wide if you assume they're really really fat tall people with big
heads.

1 - Or 10 wide or, gasp... 14 wide... The wider, the easier. The wider, the less
talent... oh, ya, *who* is it that builds 14 wide sometimes again? Talk about
your easy build, all it takes is a lot of parts, no talent required, really.

2 - This point is sometimes lost on my home club. But we have fun anyway so, so
be it.