 Trains / 22181
Re: ENGLISH APT ,COLOURS,Red or Orange stripe?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:17:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Teunis Davey wrote:
Hello all,
I am collecting parts to build a English Advanced Passinger Train.
It will have a 7 wide base, 6 wide top and 6 wide front.
And alot of various hinge bricks and plates.
It will be based on James Mathis APT design.

But I was abit unsure of the correct colours .
Does it have a Red or Orange stripe ?
On the train maked 370004 on the front , it seems to have a Orange stripe.
But in other pictures I have seen of it , it's Red.
Is it just the sun shining down bright that makes it look Orange ?
Or the Camera's flash ?

A Picture of the real APT:-
http://www.o-keating.com/hsr/apt.htm

LTC Containers ?
Do they have stickers on both sides ?
I would love some LTCC from Europe  ! FGLTC, etc

I am thinking of building a train to hold my digital camera.
So I can Film the train layout at Brickfest PDX.
My camera is about 15 studs wide , do you think it will fit ?

Many Thanks, Teunis, M>ltc

The stripe is red.  It's just faded photographs that make it look orange.  The
hardest match is the colour around the windows, as it's a very dark grey cyanic
colour.  I suppose if you live in England it counts as "sea blue".  I think dark
grey, blue, black or sand blue are all equally valid substitutes, but obviously
blue is best for getting hold of Lego train windows.

I did design an NBLTC container, but I was told they wouldn't allow it be seen
in public until I got rid of the medium-yellow-orange and sand-green stripes.
Thpoilthports...

Jason Railton