 Trains / 22178
Subject:
ENGLISH APT ,COLOURS,Red or Orange stripe?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:41:45 GMT

Hello all,
I am collecting parts to build a English Advanced Passinger Train.
It will have a 7 wide base, 6 wide top and 6 wide front.
And alot of various hinge bricks and plates.
It will be based on James Mathis APT design.

But I was abit unsure of the correct colours .
Does it have a Red or Orange stripe ?
On the train maked 370004 on the front , it seems to have a Orange stripe.
But in other pictures I have seen of it , it's Red.
Is it just the sun shining down bright that makes it look Orange ?
Or the Camera's flash ?

A Picture of the real APT:-
http://www.o-keating.com/hsr/apt.htm

LTC Containers ?
Do they have stickers on both sides ?
I would love some LTCC from Europe  ! FGLTC, etc

I am thinking of building a train to hold my digital camera.
So I can Film the train layout at Brickfest PDX.
My camera is about 15 studs wide , do you think it will fit ?

Many Thanks, Teunis, M>ltc

Re: ENGLISH APT ,COLOURS,Red or Orange stripe?
[...]

The stripe is red.  It's just faded photographs that make it look orange.  The
hardest match is the colour around the windows, as it's a very dark grey cyanic
colour.  I suppose if you live in England it counts as "sea blue".  I think dark
grey, blue, black or sand blue are all equally valid substitutes, but obviously
blue is best for getting hold of Lego train windows.

I did design an NBLTC container, but I was told they wouldn't allow it be seen
in public until I got rid of the medium-yellow-orange and sand-green stripes.
Thpoilthports...

Jason Railton

Re: ENGLISH APT ,COLOURS,Red or Orange stripe?
   Hello all, I am collecting parts to build a English Advanced Passinger Train. It will have a 7 wide base, 6 wide top and 6 wide front. And alot of various hinge bricks and plates. It will be based on James Mathis APT design.

SNIP

7 wide! Now that’s what I’ve been saying since I first heard of the how wide debate. It’s about time a real train builder came around to the truth: Trains are 7 wide and cars are 5 wide!

Aaron

Re: train width
   Hello all, I am collecting parts to build a English Advanced Passinger Train. It will have a 7 wide base, 6 wide top and 6 wide front. And alot of various hinge bricks and plates. It will be based on James Mathis APT design.

SNIP

7 wide! Now that’s what I’ve been saying since I first heard of the how wide debate. It’s about time a real train builder came around to the truth: Trains are 7 wide and cars are 5 wide!

Aaron

Well, considering trains in the U.S. are about twice the width of the rails, and overhang the ends of the ties, I’d say the actual width should be 10 wide, with automobiles being 7 wide -- wide enough for two minifigs to sit side-by-side. But 8-wide trains seems like a good compromise, and that’s why our club builds our trains to that scale.

Of course, YOU are not going to need to worry about minifig scale from now on.... *grin*

JohnG, GMLTC -- bringing an 8-wide train to Brickfest PDX in a couple of weeks!

Re: ENGLISH APT ,COLOURS,Red or Orange stripe?
I would love some LTCC from Europe  ! FGLTC, etc

They tend to have stickers on both sides, yes. We are going to informally
exchange containers at BrickFest PDX, I am sure. I'll be bringing a few MichLTC
to trade with whoever wants to trade.

I am thinking of building a train to hold my digital camera.
So I can Film the train layout at Brickfest PDX.
My camera is about 15 studs wide , do you think it will fit ?

You should work with the Train Coordinator on that, you need to give him a heads
up or it almost certainly won't...

Re: train width