 Trains / 21638
21637  |  21639
Subject:
Roundhouse project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:35:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I've always had fun building various roundhouses for my trains.  Now for
something bigger - The Roundhouse Project.

I've developed a standard design for a single bay.  Each bay can be connected to
another to make a roundhouse with two, three, or as many bays as you might want.

Please take a moment to review the proposed standard and let me know if you have
any questions or concerns:

http://home.teleport.com/~bfleskes/roundhouseproject/TheRoundhouseProject.pdf

A few quick specifics:

Each bay is 74 studs long, 14 studs wide at the front, 28 studs wide at the back
and, represents 11.25 degrees of a circle.

If people agree with the standard and think it's a good idea, I will organize a
gathering of the Roundhouse Project at Brickfest PDX in Feb 2004, in Portland,
Oregon.

Ben Fleskes
PNLTC