 Trains / 21646
Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:13:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Chris Phillips wrote:

snip

   Full Throttle. Since its release, I’ve had fewer than 30 downloads and have received absolutely no feedback from anyone about this program, good or bad.

snip

   - Chris.

I know that I was one of those 30, Chris--sorry about not getting back to you.

I d/led it but never actually used it yet :( So busy just getting a layout up and running--making buildings, etc :)

I do plan on using the software, mayhaps this weekend :)

As an addendum, I’ve noticed that LDCC didn’t ‘catch on’ as much as I anticipated. I know I’ve been running it exclusively on my layout at home since Mark released it, and at NMRA, rtlT used it on the layout there. Even at the hobby show LDCC was used most of the time. I think the thing is that we only have 2, maybe 3 trains going at any given time, and all those can be handledfrom the remote--full throttle, for 9 trains, isn’t to our ‘scale’ range (yet :) )

But I will honestly give it a go this weekend. It’s here on my laptop right now, and I have 2 modified motors, and am planning to get a few more chips this weekend so I can convert at least 3 of my 4 remaining DC motors to DCC.

Anyway, there are DCC users out there, and I believe, in the future, there will be Full Throttle users for the larger layouts.

Dave K now your software for reed switches and TD layouts sounds very interesting :)