 Trains / 21683
Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:46:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Koudys wrote:

snip

I know that I was one of those 30, Chris--sorry about not getting back to you.

I d/led it but never actually used it yet :( So busy just getting a layout up and running--making buildings, etc :)

I do plan on using the software, mayhaps this weekend :)

snip

This weekend was exceptionally busy, but I had time to play with the layout. Took my laptop downstairs, set it up with the IR tower, and loaded up Full Throttle.

Wow! Pretty nifty piece of work, Chris! With only 2 DCC locos I didn’t task the software, but still, in all, it did a magnificent job!

Maybe at our next rtlT train show we’ll put the software to the big test, with mltiple locos ‘n such.

I also stopped by he local hobby show and attempted to buy DCC chips. Since the hobby show took most of their stock to the train show in Toronto (which we rtlers didn’t get to), there wasn’t much in the way of DCC chips there. But they had one HO so I bought that, and cut up an electrical plate and soldered it all together. Didn’t work at all with LDCC :(

Either the chips fried, or it doesn’t like the LDCC. Tested my connections and soldering extensively last night and still nada. Will take the chip back to the store and see what they have to say.

So my excursion into the realm of DCC accessories will have to wait ‘til tonight :(

Dave K