 Trains / 1935
Re: Pics of Dutch railways models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:35:49 GMT

As someone who likes attention to detail, I have to agree.  I've spent about an
hour looking at the details in this diorama.  I especially like your attention
to the window treatments.  The use of lamp posts in a new way is also very
interesting.   And I like the added details on your sloped roof.

Great job!
Gary Istok

Tony Kilaras wrote:

I just gotta say, and I think I've alluded to this before, this diorama
really gets me all hot and bothered. Models are great, be they buildings
or rolling stock or scenery... but when all the pieces are in place,
down to small details like moving the pop machines outside, the spilled
trash, the railings on the down-stairs, the flaking stucco, etc. it
really brings the whole thing to life.

We have seen dioramas before but this one is the best train diorama I've
seen. It even tops GMLTC stuff because it has so MANY details at so many
different levels. GMLTC is impressive due to sheer bulk, and there are
lots of things to find, you can stare at it for hours and not see it
all.

But in terms of details per square inch, and realism factor, this truly
is the acme, the ne plus ultra. So far.
Way to raise the bar, Eric.

He's got alot of other nice models too. And the pics of legoland airport are
great!