 Trains / 1856

Subject:
Pics of Dutch railways models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:34:51 GMT

I finally scanned and edited all pictures of my recent Dutch railways (NS)
project.
You'll find many pics, covering:

- railway station scene with NS detailing
- Thalys high speed train (with building instructions, including two
versions of close coupling)
- NS shunting locomotive (with building instructions)
- NS Hondekop train (with building instructions)
- NS Freight engine

http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/models
Select Trains from menu

Hope you'll enjoy.
(Warning: heavy pic load per page).

Eric Brok
--------
Visit LEGO ON MY MIND:
http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind
NEW: Submit your own link:
http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/links
Dutch section:
http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/nl

Re: Pics of Dutch railways models
Awesome! I've been waiting to see the rest of the pictures.  Great job!
I like the sliding doors, cool idea.  Lots of detail all over the place.
I just was visiting your site, good timing. :-)
I'll have to go back and check out the building instructions, missed those.
I'm working on some railway scenes and still expanding my mountain layout but
have a long ways to go.

Tom

In lugnet.trains, Eric Brok writes:
[...]

Amazing detail on the station!  The motorized sliding doors at the end were a
nice little surprise!

- Thalys high speed train (with building instructions, including two
versions of close coupling)
- NS shunting locomotive (with building instructions)
- NS Hondekop train (with building instructions)
- NS Freight engine

http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/models
Select Trains from menu

For your building instructions, you may want to note that some pieces for which
you used mock-ups have been created.  (ie, the 6x4 wedge "under the nose" on
the Thalys model and the 1x4-2x2 hinge on the shunting locomotive)
Otherwise, the models looked great!
--Bram

Re: Pics of Dutch railways models
For your building instructions, you may want to note that some pieces for • which
you used mock-ups have been created.  (ie, the 6x4 wedge "under the nose" • on
the Thalys model and the 1x4-2x2 hinge on the shunting locomotive)
Otherwise, the models looked great!
--Bram

Thanks for the tip and for having such a close look :-)

(I probably won't have time to redo the model and the pictures however - but
I'll use the new parts on the next occasion).

Eric

Re: Pics of Dutch railways models