 Trains / 16945
Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 12:56:22 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Matthew J. Chiles writes:
Highlights included a large port area, a 12V layout by Frank (possibly a
PNLTC first), a great old city downtown, a great farm and orchard area,
Ben's Roundhouse, and Matt's Roller Coaster.  Stop by www.pnltc.org and see
all the pictures from the show, and of our great new space.

Wow!!  I would love to get out there and see this in person!  Having just
returned from BrickFest, I'm hungry for more.  :-)

Are there any videos online of the roller coaster?  That thing is something
else!!!

We have a store front in the mall through the end of the summer, and will be
having at least one more public weekend, August 3rd and 4th.  If you are in
the area be sure to stop by and look in the window any time, and we hope to
see you in August!

When you say "the end of summer," does that mean through sometime in
September?  Or August?  I'm just trying to figure out how if it's possible
to get out there inexpensively...  For me to go from BOS to PDX on August
2-4, best fare is like $650.  If there was another weekend later with more
lead-time, I think I could get out there for like $350.  Hmm, according to
MapQuest, Beaverton is only 16 minutes out of Portland... does that sound
right?  And PDX the airport to fly into for this?  (I've never been to
Oregon before, and everyone says is wicked beautiful.)  Are there better
(cheaper) ways to get to Beaverton from far away? -- like, it seems I could
fly into SEA for August 3-4 for $350, or $320 with more lead-time...  Anyone
know what a bus trip from Seattle/Tacoma International to Portland is like?
MapQuest says it's about a 3-hour drive.

Do/would you give a private tour to an out-of-town AFOL on a non-public weekend?

--Todd