 Trains / 16896
Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 06:54:29 GMT

In fact we've met there twice as a club since the "Open House" weekend to do
some maintenance (and hang out) and had to open to doors for 30 to 60
minutes due to the number people peering in.

Since the layout is always setup (as opposed to a GATS weekend), we've
realized that it's a no brainer to just open the doors and hang out for a
few hours essentially having an ad-hoc train show. We plan to do this again
this weekend.

I would recommend this setup for any of the established clubs!

SteveB
www.PNLTC.org

In lugnet.announce, Matthew J. Chiles writes:
Our first public weekend at the Beaverton Mall in Beaverton (outside
Portland, OR) was a great success!  July 6th and 7th we were open to the
public during mall hours at our new temporary "clubhouse".

Highlights included a large port area, a 12V layout by Frank (possibly a
PNLTC first), a great old city downtown, a great farm and orchard area,
Ben's Roundhouse, and Matt's Roller Coaster.  Stop by www.pnltc.org and see
all the pictures from the show, and of our great new space.

We have a store front in the mall through the end of the summer, and will be
having at least one more public weekend, August 3rd and 4th.  If you are in
the area be sure to stop by and look in the window any time, and we hope to
see you in August!

-Matt Chiles :)
PNLTC