 Trains / 1406

New MOC:TGV in Orange
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 18:34:01 GMT

Since the Halloween buckets came out last year, I have wanted to build
something modeled in orange.

Several of us seem to be on the same page these days to model passenger trains,
specifically TGVs!  :-)  This is excellent.
I'm am enjoying seeing all the great work.

Orange...TGV...
I've put up on my web site my attempt to model the French SNCF TGV PSE in its
orange, black, and white colors.

It's only four cars long: two engine units and two simple passenger cars.
Each of the cars is coupled by means of LEGO yellow rubber bands, which allows
all four cars to be close-coupled.
The two passenger cars, at their union, share a common two axle bogie.  The
bogie can pivot independently of either passenger car.  This shared bogie also
free-floats between the two cars with in-line translation on tiled "tongues"
that fit into slots in both passenger cars.

Pictures are worth more than my feeble words.  See this model of the TGV PSE in
orange at:
http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopage.html

Thanks for looking.
later,
James Mathis

Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange
Since the Halloween buckets came out last year, I have wanted to build
something modeled in orange.

Several of us seem to be on the same page these days to model passenger • trains,
specifically TGVs!  :-)  This is excellent.
I'm am enjoying seeing all the great work.

Orange...TGV...
I've put up on my web site my attempt to model the French SNCF TGV PSE in its
orange, black, and white colors.

This is awesome! I love this train. I want one bad. *sigh* I've got enough
orange slopes but need more bricks. I rarely apply bookmarks to sites but this
warrants one hands down.

I just found my new Christmas train project.  :)

-Tom McD.
when replying, note that this French train does not serve Le Spammecake.

Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange
Simply superb!  This is exactly the kind of set LEGO should be producing.  It's
so recognizable.  Excellent work James.  I'm humbled.

Ben Fleskes
PNLTC