 Trains / 1406
  New MOC:TGV in Orange

Since the Halloween buckets came out last year, I have wanted to build something modeled in orange. Several of us seem to be on the same page these days to model passenger trains, specifically TGVs! :-) This is excellent. I'm am enjoying seeing all (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

(...) trains, (...) This is awesome! I love this train. I want one bad. *sigh* I've got enough orange slopes but need more bricks. I rarely apply bookmarks to sites but this warrants one hands down. I just found my new Christmas train project. :) (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

Simply superb! This is exactly the kind of set LEGO should be producing. It's so recognizable. Excellent work James. I'm humbled. Ben Fleskes PNLTC (...) trains, (...) in (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

(...) Master Builder James does it again... I just spent a little time poring over this, and showing it to some of my NL cow orkers, who are all pretty impressed. Now, I can't go so far to say that I'm humbled (1) but I'm certainly impressed and in (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

(...) Larry, What are your NL cow orkers? How do you ork a cow? And they are in the National League for cow orking? Mike (25 years ago, 4-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

since i live in a 'cowtown' i appreciated Larry's orkers! be sure to treat those orkers well, Larry, we wouldn't want the cows to go without:) John Matthews Mike Poindexter <lego@poindexter.cc> wrote in message news:FCsABo.Dv0@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

Ummm, WOW! I am completly impressed. This has been my vavorite(sp?) train for a long time, and think it is great that lego finaly released orange pieces to allow us to construct this train. But alas, on a college students income, I am not able to (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

Nice train, it looks cool! I wish I could find them Halloween buckets in my local stores. But it seems that they never made it to the Tampa Bay Area? Maybe this year? See Ya... Robin W. (...) trains, (...) in (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

hey james, nice model.. and thanks for adding a link to my picture of my thalys. is there any chance you can add the link of my new Thalys page instead? right now itt has 2 pov pix, 1 ldlite pic,and * pix of the real thing. also is the ldraw model (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

Congrats. It looks so good it hurts. (Thinking of why TLG doesn't bring out such sets, even knowing the amount of bricks would mean splitting the train over several affordable sets). Eric (25 years ago, 7-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

They named a train after my home town? Wow. Does "grande vitesse" imply anything in French other than "very fast"? If it doesn't, I think Grand Rapids should get a refund on The Calder. Steve See (URL) for more on Calder. Maybe they'll someday learn (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

(...) You mean "Cowtown" as in Fort Worth, TX or somewhere else? Hey, Ft Worth is close to Ork lahoma, isn't it? Alan C Austin TX area (25 years ago, 8-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

James, you are to be commended!! Bravo, if Lego would only make decent sets such as yours... Carrie (...) trains, (...) allows (...) also (...) in (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

(...) Just some new comments about the orange TGV. I have had some time to revise the shared bogie coupler between the passenger cars. This newer design has no extra pivot pieces, as the older design did. The only built-in pivot is on the bogie (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

(...) Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm working on an articulation scheme that addresses that very point. So far no true success. But I'm still entertaining some more ideas, so the jury is still out. I'll share all my juicy secrets (assuming that this (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

(...) it. (...) the (...) curves. (...) speed (...) the (...) each (...) Hey james I have played with makeing highspeed lego rail. Not much to it realy just place a 2x4 standard brick on the outside of the curve at the track joints. I have done this (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

(...) revise (...) no (...) the (...) adjacent (...) translates (...) this (...) BOB (...) I've been working on my Thalys rendition, this weekend focussing on the close couplings. I designed two versions, one for a shared bogie and one for (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

(...) I absolutely love the fact that you have designed a close coupler which does not use rubber bands. Excellent! I took notice of the Green Crocodile's principle when I built the coupler for my three-car monorail. (...) I look forward to seeing (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

(...) Do you have any pictures of your TGV2? (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

(...) ey Eric have you seen my thalys yet? WwW.geocities.com/ar...rains.html the whole train is complete itsself, and since its a cad model i dont have to worry if it can navagate the curves (WEG) it just looks good in photos (ehahaha) it will be a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

I have never seen that shock absober before. What sets have that part? I guess I have been away from Technic for too long. Chris (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

(...) So far I've seen that shock absorber in 4559 Cargo Railway (the gates are sprung) and 2160 Crystal Scavenger (the "drill" arms can swing and are sprung). I'm only 95% sure of 2160 (it might have been another set I inventoried recently - need (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

In article <376FF2A8.1CFB@mindspring.com>, Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> writes (...) There are two in the Volcano Island pirates set (6248) as well. (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

Can someone repost the addy to this? I've got a few of those parts I was thinking of selling, though if I can find good use for them I'll keep them :) Thanks Tamy (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Shock absorber (was Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

It's funny that it looks like the shock absorber has appeared mainly in applications it doesn't seem t be orginally intended for (shock absorber for small town cars). Maybe it was 'replaced' for this purpose by the dual axle spring loaded wheels (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

That Cargo Railway keeps getting mor and more attractive....for parts. May I should go get one and see if I can do anything with it. Those spring are cool. Chris PS Thanks for the response. (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

(...) I really need to get some pictures of my re-build of the 4559 engine (using parts from 2 4559 and 2 5542). I also need to get back to train building and finish the rebuild of the cars. This set is a lot more useable than it would appear. (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

Like the Crystal Scavenger, the predecessor Crystal Crawler 6145 has two of these as well. -- dave (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)