 Trains / 12765
Re: Lubricating axels, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:35:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steve Martin writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:

[snip]

I went back and looked at what was happening again.  The problem is
definately slippage and not lack of electrical power.  I added 2 of the
weight bricks and that helped quite a bit.  I was able to pull the 4 cars
from 4561 then with just the one 2 motor engine.

However, the engine is still working very hard to do this (even if it isn't
slipping).  The carriages from my 2 4561 sets seem to be very heavy compared
to my other cars and the wheels don't seem to roll particularly well.  I
took the little cars out of the car transporter carriages to lighten the
load some.  Has anyone else noticed this?

No, there has to be something wrong with your wheel blocks. Maybe they have
collected lots of dust, maybe they have a quality lack....

If you put your waggons on a table with straight track on it and you make a
slight ramp out of the table, by adding just a standard 2x4x1 brick underneath
two of the four table legs, then the waggons should roll down the ramp. (Better
attach some bricks at the end of your strainght track, or the waggons will
end on the floor....)

If the waggons still stay unmoved, there is definitely something wrong with
these wheel blocks. BTW: all 8-wider builders have much heavier waggons and
noone ever reported problems like yours. So the weight cannot be the only
point...

Kind Regards,

Ben

Thanks for all the responses.