 Trains / 12726
12725  |  12727
Subject:
Lubricating axels, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:53:45 GMT

Well, I finally finished my train tables.  They basically form a square 10'
on a side.  I'm having some efficiency problems with the largest loop.  I'm
having to use 3 engines to pull 4 of the cars from 4561.  The loop's length
is nearing 40'.

What techniques have people used to combat the resistance build up in a
large layout?  I was thinking of lubricating the wheels with WD40, graphic,
or silicone spray.

I was also considering trying to run power to the opposite side of the
track.  If I did something like that, would I add another lead to the same
transformer or use a second transformer?

Regards,
Steve Martin, #57
IndyLUG