 Town / 9503
Re: Steamship Möwe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 00:29:55 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Andreas Weissenburg wrote:
   Hello,

after reestablishing my posting privileges, I’d like to show my latest creation (part of a longer harbour project), a steamship in a style of the first decades of the 20th century: The freighter ‘Möwe’ (seagull)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/grubaluk/VeryLargeVehicles/Steamship/aabild1.jpg

It does not have a real model but I used many pictures of real ships of that type, to hit the same impression without being pedantic. The wooden planks as the main deck are a little bit unrealistic, but they support the impression of a model ship and give it a small shift to a comic style, which I like.

The ship is 1,34m long (4.34 ft) and if you like it, you could have a look to the BS-folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=238046

Andreas

Stunning work. The model is packed full of details and since I’ll annoy the people who know the names of things on ships if I try to comment on most of them I’ll stick to what is probably my favourite detail... the captain’s beard (small things amuse etc.).

Now that you’ve got that done will we see a CAD version? ;)

Tim

PS. And I’ll take the opportunity to harass you to do something for this :).